• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping done

As expected, I got rained on at various points in degrees from light to heavy; though nothing as bad as it is right now, so they missed a trick there

After collecting the present from John Lewis, which entailed an unpleasant trek through the Eye of Sauron Shopping Mall, I went to the city centre M&S, as the out-of-town one is a pain to get to at this time of year, the access road being snarled with people going to Primark and Currys and such.

Then on to the market, where despite wanting to get it over with ASAP I couldn’t break the old habit, ingrained from following my then-GF around there on Saturday afternoons in the 1980s, of walking the length and breadth of what claims to be the largest market in Europe, sizing up the quality and price of the veg on different stalls. (They’re all pretty much the same. They always are.) That done, I was then able to get a bowl of carrots and one of onions for a quid each; there’s enough there to last me a month or two.

And on to the indoors meat market, though I’d remembered I have stuff in the freezer to use up, so I just got some pork chops (probably tonight’s tea) and smoked bacon, the later involving the usual dance of more than a pound being put on the scales, and them going to peel off a couple of rashers, and me saying “It’s OK, leave it on there, it’ll all get eaten”

Then back to the car park, getting well soaked in the process, and out of town to Sainsbury’s, where my expectation of a limited beer-oriented shop came to naught, as I kept remembering stuff like detergent and so forth that I needed as I wandered around; I ended up spending roughly the same as I always do, just with fewer enjoyable thing to show for it (unless laundry suddenly becomes enjoyable).

And finally I got some reduced-to-clear BBQ chicken wings off the hot food counter, which I shall now have for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Got a bit bored there so phoned up the bank to find out what was left on our 20 year mortgage, which we are now 1/2 way through (as of 3 days ago).
      Turns out that the outstanding amount less what is sitting in the offset account turned out to be less than the final dividend payment of the year that MyCo is due to pay later this month.

After a quick company meeting, the dividend payment was made a couple of days early and we are now debt free. (Well, until Hector says hello on 31st January.)

Comment

Anya, Anyanka, or Aud, which ever way you spin it she's a hell of a girl.

Yarn | Soulless Spike would have had me upside down and halfway to happy land by now. ~ Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) - S07E08 Drama | Video clips by quotes, clip | fd008844-cc61-4452-8974-9467429e7aa0 | 紗
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mundane laundry done

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Mundane laundry done
            Mine's done too.

Even found the missing sock from last week that I found out about this morning when I only had one sock left in the pile.

Lunch was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpking seed toast.

When rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea it was quite acceptable.

After another round of Freecell at 91%, it was time for tea, being M&S chunky breaded haddock.

It, when rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea, was quite nice, being not cooked to death.

The faulty simmerstat on the cooker is becoming really irritating.

The evening's entertainment is BTVS S7 E7 & 8, Angel S4 E7 & 8, with the latter going all apocalyptic and such like.

Now that was inneresting vBulletin just caught the attempted 2nd posting of this chunk of nonsense.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner has been the last of the lamb chilli.
              next time i'll do it with half beef/half pork.
              with yet more rioja.
              i like rioja.
              did i say i liked rioja?
              might be off for a bit having just had a pop at the sanctimonious god-bothering swiss mod on another thread
              <just in case>

Comment

Tea tonight has been one of the pork chops I got from the market, with chips, peas, and gravy. Very nice, though I think the stall next to that one cuts them a little thicker

I was tempted to have both but managed to resist, so the other one is now in the freezer

Comment

so far,so good

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    might be off for a bit having just had a pop at the sanctimonious god-bothering swiss mod on another thread
                    The mods love the bants!

They just hate unnecessary work.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      The mods love the bants!

They just hate unnecessary work.....
                      aye, - right.

Comment

Working...
                      X