• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    aye, - right.
    Its true! They really do hate unnecessary work.....

Comment

Went to see this: Motherless Brooklyn (2019) - IMDb this evening. Twas a nice film. Not huge swathes of action but a solid cast, a bit of a whodunnit style investigation, and an overall nice story. Got me out the of the flat, which is a good thing.

Comment

tonight dinner was ham hock with potatoes & leeks another masterpiece by your author.

Miss V2 was sick so no chips.

I was taxi driver tonight as usual. Miss V3 to swimming, she kicked ass! A few lengths at near perfect then she ran out of oomph. She thoroughly enjoyed learning to dive.

Driving Mrs V back from a Girls night out.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A rewatch tonight, starting with The Raid (2011), in which there is a raid. Cracking stuff

And then a raid of a different kind and with a lot more buildup in Zero Dark Thirty (2012). Another cracking film in many ways, but a bit historically inaccurate; and by the way, filmmakers, showing the US of A torturing people makes it look weak, not strong. Nobody likes a bully

And finally, the final episode of S3 of The Wire, Mission Accomplished (TV Episode 2004).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Grey.

Overcast.

Not windy.

Still this thing is hanging on like grim death.

Profuse sweating at some point during the night with added coughing and sneezing just to make it even more inneresting.

<walking down to town hiatus>

Just found out that the "family Xmas meal" is in Cardiff at lunchtime today.

Oh fecking hell.

I really don't feel up to that at the moment.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 December 2019, 10:27.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

grey
              dry
              warmer

Comment

It gets better and better, the train I was about to catch is cancelled and the next one gets me to Cardiff 20 minutes late, with a half hour walk.

Couldn't make this tulipe up you really couldn't.

The weather forecast is dry, so of course it rains on me on the way down to town.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey, mild at 9°C, and dry out there today

Not that I’ve been out there. I just look out the window and at my phone and report what I see.

Comment

Lunch was the rest of the pâté from the other day, once again on wholemeal toast

Looks like the weather is messed up again: it’ll rain tonight but not until about eleven o’clock, long after I’ve been to the Chinese and back. Won’t catch me that way, weather gods!

Comment

The Polish café has been decorated in the style of a Polish Christmas.

Apparently it’s a tradition in Poland to put hay beneath the tablecloth for the Christmas meal. I wonder if they’ll do that over there?

The traditional Christmas gingerbread sounds OK though

Comment

Working...
                      X