• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder to NF. Go to the Chinese for dinner. Just in case you forget....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Reminder to NF. Go to the Chinese for dinner. Just in case you forget....
      That’s the plan!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The weather forecast is dry, so of course it rains on me on the way down to town.
        Twas dryish in Cardiff.

Cost me £10 for the taxi from the station to the Catalan restaurant.

Food was excellent, and I was a mere 30 minutes late.

Got mildly pissed and enjoyed the meal muchly.

Then a stagger back into Cardiff to find a pub that served Brains () and had a table where gifts might be exchanged.

Then the nephew & wife buggered off, I presume back to Neath, whereas I remained with the adults and discussions took place over how to avoid the traumas of cooking turkeys, geese, and any fecking thing else in the future.

After which it was time to return to the metropolis, such as it was, i.e. totally fecking empty & dead, with added drizzle and a cold wind just to make it that little bit more miserable.

Now having made tea which was the poached tomato and scrambled egg thing with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea, it's nearly time for yet more BTVS and Angel, probably S7 E9 & 10 and S4 E9 & 10 respectively.

There is (oddly enough) a chart that shows how to watch the two shows for maximum enjoyment but I'm not sure I can be arsed.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the Chinese early, as I’m meeting a friend for a drink later

Comment

Are there Other Customers Who Might Want To Talk To You?

Just askin' like.

I'm sure I had friends, once, long long ago, and far far way.

Things were different then.

Like they didn't put bits of fecking shark in the flu jab for one thing, just mercury.

I think the lurgie is resurrecting itself as my alcohol level drops.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 December 2019, 19:44.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The Polish café has been decorated in the style of a Polish Christmas.

Apparently it’s a tradition in Poland to put hay beneath the tablecloth for the Christmas meal. I wonder if they’ll do that over there?

The traditional Christmas gingerbread sounds OK though
              I hope the chef is versed in the art of self defence with narwhal tusk?

Comment

I think the lurgie is resurrecting itself as my alcohol level drops.
                Maybe you should drink enough to kill it off then?

Comment

I'm sure I had friends, once, long long ago, and far far way.

(
                  were they electric?
                  just askin' like

Comment

In the Chinese early, as I’m meeting a friend for a drink later

And very nice it was

The Chinese, that is; I haven’t been for the drink yet.

Are there Other Customers Who Might Want To Talk To You?
                    Thankfully no

Not sure they need that sort of thing here - it’s not like That London, you know

Comment

Looks like the weather is messed up again: it’ll rain tonight but not until about eleven o’clock, long after I’ve been to the Chinese and back. Won’t catch me that way, weather gods!
                      The gods of the weather clearly knew I’d be walking back from the pub long before I even knew I’d be going there; got drenched coming home

Hubris, meet Nemesis

Anyway, an enjoyable evening. Now I need to decide what to have as a post-pub snack, and what to watch

Comment

Working...
                      X