• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat bought in a bird this morning. At least it was dead. Though feathers were scattered everywhere. I had emptied the food bin 5 minutes before - so that was a food bag wasted on one bird.

Comment

Getting clearer out there - it’ll be positively sunny at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh no, I thought you were on the mend. As my Nan would say, a cold takes 7 days to clear if you do something about it and a week if you don't.
        WlmS

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The chicken legs are aroasting with the bacon adding some necessary flavour.

The hail has arrived post haste.
          The hail went away & the rain came, then the sun came out again.

The chicken legs were rather nice, and the bacon (all of which got eaten) equally nice, which is remarkable for someone who doesn't actually like bacon in the first place.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Glengettie tea which wasn't as good as usual for some reason.

Having done the dishes it's now time to venture out into the wide blue/grey/white yonder & do the Sunday shop.

It seems to come around ever so regularly.

There must be a reason for it.

<Sunday shopping frenzy hiatus>

Done & dusted & put away.

Augmented by a lovely rainbow and some less lovely rain.

The excitement of the afternoon's endeavours has been palpable.

I suppose I should take a look at the door lock on the salting house which has packed up after many years service, the latch being stuck in, in many ways being rather better than the latch being stuck out of course.

Lovely CBS out there currently and now the cloud this side of the valley has moved up, the sun's out again.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2019, 15:18.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I too saw a rainbow today, on the drive home.

Sunny and very windy on the south coast. Less sunny and less windy the closer I got to that London. Some smatterings of showers but nothing substantial.

Found a decent enough parking space but I will be on the look out for a better one, of course.

Comment

The chicken legs were rather nice, and the bacon (all of which got eaten) equally nice, which is remarkable for someone who doesn't actually like bacon in the first place.
              Chicken and bacon is a winning combination. Having read the above, I’m going to put roasting-them-together on my list of things to try

My left ear is playing up again - I’d become careless about cleaning off the residue of the antibacterial wipes from the hearing aids this past week, and it seems it still doesn’t like that

Maybe I’ll manage to get on with reading one of my various in-progress books if I don’t watch any telly tonight so it can have a rest from the hearing aid

Comment

I suppose I should take a look at the door lock on the salting house which has packed up after many years service, the latch being stuck in, in many ways being rather better than the latch being stuck out of course.
                Turned out that the flat spring that returns the latch had fractured after a mere 60 or 70 years or so.

Nothing lasts.

Had a nice potch replacing it with a spring out of some Rolson assorted springs kit that I bought on the offchance it might come in handy, like.

Which it just has.

So far: one spring, tension, 25 mm long, 5mm diameter.

The fixing screws of said lock haven't shifted in nearly 20 years so they were a bit reluctant.

The last one required the use of the hand brace with a hex screwdriver bit.

You can press really really really hard to stop the bit caming out while exerting A Lot of Torque.

Don't do this with stainless steel screws coz the heads fall off.

Guess how I know that.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Chicken and bacon is a winning combination. Having read the above, I’m going to put roasting-them-together on my list of things to try
                I think it was Morrisons bacon (of some sort, possibly back or streaky or something), it does make the chicken a little less boring.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                My left ear is playing up again - I’d become careless about cleaning off the residue of the antibacterial wipes from the hearing aids this past week, and it seems it still doesn’t like that

Maybe I’ll manage to get on with reading one of my various in-progress books if I don’t watch any telly tonight so it can have a rest from the hearing aid
                Possibly a sensitivity developing.

Something I know about as I'm afflicted with, amongst many other things, dermatitis.

My hands got dirtier this afternoon than they have for many a moon.

I even used some of that evil polybead handcleanser stuff so I could poison some more fishes.

I've had that can for approaching 30 years and there's still a good third of it left.

A bit like the big feckoff tin of LM grease I just greased the lock with.

I think I bought it in Halfords to fill a grease gun, back in the days when I had a car that had grease nipples on. (The Dutton Phaeces IIRC, there were two: on the UJs on the propshaft).
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2019, 16:57.

Comment

Had a nice potch replacing it with a spring out of some Rolson assorted springs kit that I bought on the offchance it might come in handy, like.

Which it just has.
                  Another win for things that might come in handy one day!

Possibly a sensitivity developing.
                  Yes, it seemed to start happening a while after I got the antibacterial wipes, then stopped when I took to wiping them clan with a bit of damp tissue before putting them in, and now started again after I stopped doing that, so I’m pretty sure it’s some kind of contact dermatitis or whatever they call it.

But if I don’t clean the hearing aids with the wipes I get infections in there instead, so I’ll just have to stop being too lazy to clean them both ways

Comment

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Prompted entirely by my purchase of a bottle of Special Reserve earlier today.

They don't seem to make adverts like that any more, or, if they do, I don't watch them, which is much more likely.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2019, 17:42.

Comment

No, sadly, they don't make ads like that any more.

Comment

Working...
                      X