• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have been expensive, getting that sub to surface in the duck pond.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner has been seafood pie <homemade by myself>
      turned out very nice too.
      the peccorino in the sauce worked very well.

yum

with a nice chablis, for a change

's a hard life, so it is.

Comment

Healthy options all the way for tea tonight: M&S pork and caramelised onion sausages, thick-cut smoked bacon off the market, M&S crinkle cut chips, and beans

Might have some chocolate cake in a bit too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Might have some chocolate cake in a bit too
          And so it came to pass: Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Belgian Chocolate Cake

Comment

Tea was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast accompanied by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Dunno what was wrong withe lunchtime tea but this was ok

Entertainment began with S7 E11 & 12 of BTVS and S4 E11 & 12 of Angel, this latter being with the return of Angelus, which never bodes well.

Buffywise, Spike got rescued from imprisonment by the first.

Very poor Special Features for both, very basic & uninteresting unless you were sad enouogh to want to watch endless trailers for BTVS and Angel. .

I wasn't.

Then it was on to the Oak Island nutjobs.

They found another iron spiky thing in Smith's cove more or less where that wooden slipway thing is.

Cue mutterings about Roman spears.

The H8 60" diameter "can" was pulled up from 200+ feet (at bedrock more or less) to about 170 feet or so, so there's 30 odd feet of this thing sticking up in the air.

They send a ROV down with sonar & video and just as it's about to get inneresting, the thing packs up due to water ingress at 170 feet or so, more or less where the "cavern" is supposed to be on the geo data they got a couple of weeks ago.

The curse of Oak Island strikes again.

The runic stone doesn't have runes on it, it might just be architectural decoration according to the rune lady.

When looking for more of said stone, the detectorist found yet another coin.

Then during the excavations in Smith's cove they find a concrete wall, 3 feet into the seabed and effectively 6 feet below the sea surface.

Which is strange.

Cue mutterings about Roman hydraulic cement.

Comment

No telly tonight, apart from a bit of some Australian Customs/Immigration thing while I ate.

Instead, I’ve finished Primo Levi’s If This is a Man, which ends when the Russians arrive at Auschwitz, the Germans having run away some days before.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Black.

No current precipitation.

Relatively calm.

Monday apparently.

17.5 deg in here at the moment.

<hiatus>

Turns out I missed someone being killed in yesterday's ep of Angel.

I had to go back & watch the ep again and lo! it happens in the final 40 seconds.

I suspect I was already looking forward to watching the Oak Island nutjobs & blinked & missed it.

In other news: still .
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 December 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Morning all

Blustery day out, the dog almost got blown off the hill earlier.

Won a pub quiz last night... no idea what we're going to do with a pub.
                  Turns out this new role with "no travel" has me flying to Geneva later, for most of the week. Then I'll be off to Italy on Saturday.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning

CBS this morning

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out

Only around 7°C though, and there’s a fairly chilly breeze out there, coming from the direction that lets it get through the kitchen window, which it usually doesn’t

Comment

Working...
                      X