• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-worker at ClientCo, who it turns out has an NHS hospital manager for a brother, gave me some advice to pass onto my Dad for his meeting with the hospital today to discuss my Nan's discharge. Turns out it was very helpful advice indeed and he's very happy with the care package proposed. It means she can go home once it's all in place. Whilst she may not have long left, she's going to be much happier for the time she has. Today was also a good day for her, as she was 'on this planet' as my Dad likes to say. This made explaining what's going to happen much easier as she wasn't chatting to people no-one else can see.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Co-worker at ClientCo, who it turns out has an NHS hospital manager for a brother, gave me some advice to pass onto my Dad for his meeting with the hospital today to discuss my Nan's discharge. Turns out it was very helpful advice indeed and he's very happy with the care package proposed. It means she can go home once it's all in place. Whilst she may not have long left, she's going to be much happier for the time she has. Today was also a good day for her, as she was 'on this planet' as my Dad likes to say. This made explaining what's going to happen much easier as she wasn't chatting to people no-one else can see.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Clear sky out there, and Orion has risen majestically in the east

Getting cold from the lack of cloud, though: down to 2°C already

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Ribs and chips for tea

Clear sky out there, and Orion has risen majestically in the east

Getting cold from the lack of cloud, though: down to 2°C already
          Oh to live without light pollution. But the broadband isn't as good...

Comment

Tea this evening was more of the roast chicken legs rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment was BTVS S7 E13 (with and without commentary) and Angel S4 E13 wherein buxom bad girl Faith gets busted (see wot I did there? ) out of gaol to help reensoul Angelus.

Both amusing enough.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Oh to live without light pollution. But the broadband isn't as good...
              Broadband’s fine here, there just isn’t much light out the back because the surrounding houses are all imposing Victorian edifices that block out the streetlights from that area

Just had the last of those apple turnovers I made ages ago out of the freezer, with salted caramel ice cream

Comment

Lots of flickering from the lights this evening.

Someone's having fun somewhere.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hassles with MySQL not installing properly on Ubuntu 16.04 this evening

I think I’ll leave it until tomorrow; I’ll just fail to get anywhere and become increasingly frustrated if I try to sort it out at this time of night

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Bonjour tous

Sorry, French keyboard.

No idea why I’m awake this early. Might go see what’s in the breakfast room.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X