• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonjour to you as well!
    I’m in Montpellier this week working with a client.
    You’ll find the breakfast sans fry-up.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Comment

In with the hoi polloi on the way down to the MOT station.

Dark, dreary, dreadful, depressing, wet, windy, full on murrain of beasts.

Noted the water standing on the soil at the bottom of the garden.

This bodes well.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning.
          damp and dull

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy, 7°C day out there

Comment

Grrr. I let SJD persuade me to start using their online system rather than the tried-and-true spreadsheet, but I can’t even get started as it won’t let me add a customer without specifying a contract end date, and the arrangements with both the clients I’m currently doing stuff for are basically open-ended

Also, it insists on having a number specified for “payment terms” which it then includes on the invoices it generates. It would seem that “around the start of the month, though maybe a few days later for various good reasons as agreed on an ad hoc basis from month-to-month” isn’t an option

Comment

I used SJD when I first started out. I didn't realise they were still going

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I used SJD when I first started out. I didn't realise they were still going
                  They’ll be going without me at this rate

I’ve got a vague idea about leasing out AMIs for various purposes on the AWS marketplace to generate some income; maybe start up a SaaS business or two. God only knows how an online system that assumes you’re doing three months for the NHS via an agency is going to cope with that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Also, it insists on having a number specified for “payment terms” which it then includes on the invoices it generates. It would seem that “around the start of the month, though maybe a few days later for various good reasons as agreed on an ad hoc basis from month-to-month” isn’t an option
                    Is there payment terms in days, weeks or months? Will it accept -ve numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Is there payment terms in days, weeks or months? Will it accept -ve numbers?
                      It doesn’t say; I’m assuming days, as it only accepts a number and the PDF manual shows a line about 7 days payment terms in its example of a generated invoice. I tried typing in “Monthly” and it changed to to 0. Might try negative numbers next

I’m not sure if it’ll cope with my invoice numbering system either, but I can’t tell as it won’t let me generate an invoice until I’ve added a “customer”

Comment

Working...
                      X