• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    In with the hoi polloi on the way down to the MOT station.

Dark, dreary, dreadful, depressing, wet, windy, full on murrain of beasts.

Noted the water standing on the soil at the bottom of the garden.

This bodes well.
    It passed.

The advisories will be fixed on Monday.

The standing water at the bottom of the garden has fallen over & disappeared.

Looks like my stagger around town was judged well coz then it was dry and now it's wet, horizontally wet at that.

A fresh variety of cough mixtures purchased to try a new cocktail.

Innerestingly, the ancient & well out of date cough sweet I consumed in bed last night seemed to work quite well.

Though it was a right bitch getting out of the packet.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It passed.

The advisories will be fixed on Monday.

Comment

They do get super sticky the older they get. You'd think someone would find a practical use for such a substance (other than as a cough remedy)

Comment

Seemed to work quite well which was gratifying since I was getting desperate before I thought of it.

I'm not quite sure of why a solution of glycerin and sucrose is so fecking expensive in some of these potions.

<coughing hiatus>

Just took some Primrose Bronchostop.

Feck me it's vile.

Must be doing me good though I now feel even odder than usual.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 December 2019, 13:37.

Comment

Fish finger bap (wholemeal, red sauce) for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              aaaaargh.

Comment

Grrr. I let SJD persuade me to start using their online system rather than the tried-and-true spreadsheet, but I can’t even get started as it won’t let me add a customer without specifying a contract end date, and the arrangements with both the clients I’m currently doing stuff for are basically open-ended

Also, it insists on having a number specified for “payment terms” which it then includes on the invoices it generates. It would seem that “around the start of the month, though maybe a few days later for various good reasons as agreed on an ad hoc basis from month-to-month” isn’t an option
                Reply to my queries from SJD. For open-ended contracts just put the company year end, and the customer can be recreated for the next year if I’m still working with them. And all the invoice stuff can be ignored if I wish - I can just carry on generating my own invoices and enter the details on the system, and ignore the ones it generates; they don’t get sent anywhere automatically.

Comment

Mega-windy out

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tea is acooking, being M&S chunky breaded haddock.

To be followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea in the event I stop coughing for long enough to consume it all.

Went quite well until about 17:00 or so when the cough returned with a vengeance.

<gustatory hiatus>

And so it proved to be, quite nice, and coughless, which was a bonus.

I've had the heating on all afternoon so it's like a Turkish bath in here now.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 December 2019, 18:09.

Comment

Working...
                      X