• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The one I just got translated to "feck the english". Probably.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Can’t sleep
      I wish CUK had a thread for that

I presume it was guilt over the quality of your moderation? Or the cyclist you shot?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Morning.

I’m trying to figure out how I can book a taxi in France without speaking in my non-existent French. [emoji20]

This is the only bit where technology has let me down.
        Speaking in English slower and louder always works well with the natives. Apparently....

Comment

Thoroughly miserable today. The weather and my mood.

Comment

Only bright spot was getting a watsapp from someone I have helped in the past. Sadly I can't remember them all personally - I have helped about 30 people from CUK over the last 4 years.

But it was nice they remembered me and told me they are doing okay.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Only bright spot was getting a watsapp from someone I have helped in the past. Sadly I can't remember them all personally - I have helped about 30 people from CUK over the last 4 years.

Good to know you're making a difference

Comment

Oh I lied! How unlike me on CUK!

There was another bright spot. We recently moved offices and it is far worse than the old office. In absolute terms it is superb. But the ceilings are lower and less natural light.

Anyway I just completed a major project. Our company(about 250 people) has just signed a deal with a BIG IB. Its an awesome combination - a huge data mining project totally cutting edge - stuff I excel at. An email came round from the new CEO about our first new client - loads more clients in the pipeline. I was particularly highlighted for my awesome contribution. I really worked hard - any data issue that was not quite right was picked to death.

Anyways, someone replied to the CEO email with "Cheers Brillo. No doubt it was the new office that made you do this so well". I love funny emails like that. Because it was despite the new office.

Now the question is how do I respond? I have a strong reputation for saying things that I should not say. "You will not stop me whining that easily". "With the toilets blocked most of the time it does encourage people to do more work". "F**k off"(I told the old CEO to f**k off once.

I would start a thread in general - but LM and BR14 will start picking on me for being boring again. Luckily in tpd being boring is celebrated....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Good to know you're making a difference
                  Generally people want to know things are not that bad. That there is someone worse off. And that person is me!

Comment

Morning all

Still

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Dreadful.

No current precipitation but it's looking promising out there.

Sunless.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Generally people want to know things are not that bad. That there is someone worse off. And that person is me!
                      Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Morning all

Still

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Dreadful.

No current precipitation but it's looking promising out there.

Sunless.
                      Or is there someone worse off than me?

Comment

Working...
                      X