• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

CBSWFB this morning

i see Brillo is being boring again.
    maybe friday's dip in the canal will help.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start

Of course, at this time of year that means a chilly start too: a mere 4°C out there

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Oh I lied! How unlike me on CUK!

There was another bright spot. We recently moved offices and it is far worse than the old office. In absolute terms it is superb. But the ceilings are lower and less natural light.

Anyway I just completed a major project. Our company(about 250 people) has just signed a deal with a BIG IB. Its an awesome combination - a huge data mining project totally cutting edge - stuff I excel at. An email came round from the new CEO about our first new client - loads more clients in the pipeline. I was particularly highlighted for my awesome contribution. I really worked hard - any data issue that was not quite right was picked to death.

Anyways, someone replied to the CEO email with "Cheers Brillo. No doubt it was the new office that made you do this so well". I love funny emails like that. Because it was despite the new office.

Now the question is how do I respond? I have a strong reputation for saying things that I should not say. "You will not stop me whining that easily". "With the toilets blocked most of the time it does encourage people to do more work". "F**k off"(I told the old CEO to f**k off once.

I would start a thread in general - but LM and BR14 will start picking on me for being boring again. Luckily in tpd being boring is celebrated....
        I would reply with something like, "Thanks, the lack of natural sunlight in the new office is a real bonus for ensuring a complete cutoff from the outside world. I now work harder to get out faster."

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          morning

CBSWFB this morning

i see Brillo is being boring again.
          maybe friday's dip in the canal will help.
          I think red sauce would help.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I would reply with something like, "Thanks, the lack of natural sunlight in the new office is a real bonus for ensuring a complete cutoff from the outside world. I now work harder to get out faster."
            Awesome! Thats the one. I shall let you know how I get on - assuming the wifi at the signing-on centre still works.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I sometimes wonder if my recent clients thought I got there early in the morning because I was eager to get to work, when in reality it was because I wanted to leave at the soonest possible moment in the afternoon

Comment

Just remembered it’s the unexpected trip to the dentist this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I sometimes wonder if my recent clients thought I got there early in the morning because I was eager to get to work, when in reality it was because I wanted to leave at the soonest possible moment in the afternoon
                  Except for your gig at Leicester square. Above the cinema. So you could look down the dresses of the actresses turning up for premiers.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just remembered it’s the unexpected trip to the dentist this afternoon
                    2:30?

Tooth Hurty?

Oh forget it.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Awesome! Thats the one. I shall let you know how I get on - assuming the wifi at the signing-on centre still works.
                      My comment went down well! On the HR system they are advertising for a new data scientist. I am sure that is a new colleague for me.....

Comment

Working...
                      X