• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again. A quick polish, and a callback in six months

It turns out they no longer close for lunch, so I could have got there a few minutes early. But as it was, I got there at two on the dot, had to wait a few minutes for the receptionist to deal with some other people before I could announce my presence, and then had to wait about ten minutes anyway

It started to rain as I went out the back door, and was still raining as I returned. Now I’m home, I assume it’ll stop.

Comment

Isn't it about time BR14/WTFH stole MY century?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        no

Comment

not this time.

Comment

Could you not take the call as you were too busy trumping in the library?
            I set off the fire alarm so I could trump in peace

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              no
              Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              not this time.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

^ one of those hundred things that apparently used to be so important but no one gives a tulip about these days.

Much of the last couple of hours has been taken up with renewing the sealant around the kitchen sink.

I bought some tape stuff that's supposedly self adhesive but it seemed reluctant to stick in some places so it's got a bead of structural adhesive to help it along a bit.

One of the prerequisites was 20 deg which is a bit tricky to get in a leanto with single brick thickness walls that I don't heat anyway, other than the cooker.

The stuff seemed to stick ok to the plastic cladding stuff on the walls but was reluctant in the extreme to stick to the laminate around the sink.

The glue should change its mind a bit.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

I've decided I like being in the 99 club so I avoided putting an extra post up

Comment

Finally got around to watching Storyville Inside Lehman Brothers: The Whistleblowers. Interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Finally got around to watching Storyville Inside Lehman Brothers: The Whistleblowers. Interesting stuff.
                      yeh, i vaguely remember that, quite good, i thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X