• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Woke up earlier and thought my phone said 6:58, so I thought “great, I’ve woken up 2 mins before the alarm”, turned the lights on, started to check emails (including one advising me my flight home is probably delayed tonight ), got my boarding pass, and then wondered why my alarm hadn’t;t gone off, only to notice that I’m an hour early.

Oh well. Might just get up now.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^ one of those hundred things that apparently used to be so important but no one gives a tulip about these days.

Much of the last couple of hours has been taken up with renewing the sealant around the kitchen sink.

I bought some tape stuff that's supposedly self adhesive but it seemed reluctant to stick in some places so it's got a bead of structural adhesive to help it along a bit.

One of the prerequisites was 20 deg which is a bit tricky to get in a leanto with single brick thickness walls that I don't heat anyway, other than the cooker.

The stuff seemed to stick ok to the plastic cladding stuff on the walls but was reluctant in the extreme to stick to the laminate around the sink.

The glue should change its mind a bit.
      Silicone sealant. Buy a tube of clear sealant (not caulk) and gun. Buy some workshop cleaning wipes, and sealant profiles. Meticulously clean sink with meths. Meticulously clean cut out. Make sure you have a roll of kitchen towel.

Once dry apply silicone sealant to both surfaces using the gun, laying at least a 5-7mm bead. Set the sink, press in well. Wet your index finger and wipe excess off from top onto kitchen roll. Use profile to wipe additional excess onto kitchen roll. Use workshop wipes to clean surface of smeared silicone. Make sure you have at least 4-5 pieces of roll pre torn.

Leave overnight to dry. Don't wet it or wipe it for at least 8-10 hours.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

^^Thanks for that, it wasn't the seal between the bowl and the melamine, it was the seal between the melamine and the walls.

I've never got on very well with silicone, hence the tape stuff.

Morning all

Grey, dark, dank, dreary, dreadful, currently pissing down again.

Thursday apparently.

<coughs>

Urgh.

Colder in here at 16.7 but that might be due to the heating timing being rather different from the usual.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Green Gripfill [emoji6]
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Lady muck!

I don’t need you to steal me glasses anymore

Silent Pool Gin Gift Pack with 2x Glasses - Master of Malt
            Paying for them rather goes against the principle of finding a way to get them for free.

What kind of a Yorkshireman are you???
            Last edited by ladymuck; 12 December 2019, 09:15.

Comment

WFH today. Was meant to be in the office but the thought of going away for the weekend without leaving my flat tidy annoyed me.

I know it makes no sense but I do dislike coming back to a mess after being away. I could do a better job of day to day tidying, I guess.

Comment

Morning all
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

morning
                  dreich

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, wet day out there

And still only 3°C, despite cloud cover usually bringing a marginal increase in temperature

I’m off to vote soon. Then, as the polling station is almost exactly halfway between here and Greggs (a total distance of around 350 yards), I’ll carry on and reward myself with one of their breakfast baguettes

Remember, vote early and often!

Comment

Vote cast, baguette bought

Comment

Working...
                      X