• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In with the hoi polloi

There were rivers of water in both gutters of the road this morning, almost meeting in the centre, so I took the wise course and used the back lane instead.

More potholes but fewer inconsiderate mother****ers determined to splash anyone they can find on the pavement.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Raining.

First bed linen load just starting its spin cycle. Have vacuumed the flat. Checked a couple of work emails.

Dry laundry put away to make room for the bed linen.

Time for my third coffee of the day. I only have two cups when at work but loads when at home. Probably more because it's a Costa coffee in the office and I begrudge paying £1.47 for something that costs significantly less per cup at home.

Comment

Vote cast, combined with walking Dog.

Back in time to make a quick coffee, then time for a conference call at 12:00.

Who shedules Conferance calls at 12:00 ffs. It's almost as bad as doing it at 16:30.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yesterday I trimmed the lamb shoulder bone, chopped up loads of carrots, celery, and onions, and stuck the lot in the slow cooker pot. Then I parked it in the fridge, ready to be put on overnight together all the goodness out of the bone before continuing with the rest of the process of making Scotch broth this morning

Naturally, I forgot to put it on

So I stuck it on this morning instead, meaning the broth won’t be ready until tonight.

But at least it won’t go to waste like the one I had in the fridge two years ago today while I was undergoing open heart surgery

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Raining.

First bed linen load just starting its spin cycle. Have vacuumed the flat. Checked a couple of work emails.

Dry laundry put away to make room for the bed linen.

Time for my third coffee of the day. I only have two cups when at work but loads when at home. Probably more because it's a Costa coffee in the office and I begrudge paying £1.47 for something that costs significantly less per cup at home.
            One of these:

Zyliss Travel French Press and Coffee Mug, Single Serve, Gray, S: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Some of this:

Taylors hot lava Java extreme coffee | Waitrose & Partners

Sorted

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              There were rivers of water in both gutters of the road this morning, almost meeting in the centre, so I took the wise course and used the back lane instead.
              Rivers seem to have gone now, they were quite impressive earlier.

Lunch was beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea and a beetroot sandwich.

Got some of that Taylor's coffee stuff.

Wasn't impressed.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 December 2019, 12:16.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I have a bean to cup machine at home and have my coffee quite strong. Always find the French press output a bit weak.

Currently drinking this:

LONDON 1965 Roast WHOLE BEANS : Full bodied & rich - www.alfiecoffee.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I have a bean to cup machine at home and have my coffee quite strong. Always find the French press output a bit weak.

Currently drinking this:

LONDON 1965 Roast WHOLE BEANS : Full bodied & rich - www.alfiecoffee.co.uk
                  I have a bean to cup machine at home as well, the Taylors stuff works well in the french press mug as its a really strong roast with plenty of body to it.

I'd rather have a proper Americano but as you say, at £1.50 a go it's an expensive habit when I'm drinking 5 or 6 cups a day in the office. Plus its a Starbucks franchise in the canteen, so it's crap coffee anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    I have a bean to cup machine at home as well, the Taylors stuff works well in the french press mug as its a really strong roast with plenty of body to it.

I'd rather have a proper Americano but as you say, at £1.50 a go it's an expensive habit when I'm drinking 5 or 6 cups a day in the office. Plus its a Starbucks franchise in the canteen, so it's crap coffee anyway.
                    I should think about getting a bag or two of the ground version of the coffee I buy, maybe. I'm lazy so probably won't

Comment

Mundane laundry on

Comment

Working...
                      X