• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scotch broth has been moved along to phase 2; I’ll give it three hours or so before the reaping

This entailed extracting all the veg, which was in big pieces (half onions and so on), and chucking it in the blender; I don’t like chunky veg, or veg at all really, so that’s the only way to get myself to eat it. Then the bones were extracted along with the meat that had been left on them. Eight hours slow cooking had everything there falling to pieces, so the meat was peeled off and slung back in along with about eight ounces of the roast meat I’d reserved, all finely diced. And finally the “country soup mix” as Sainsbury’s have taken to labelling it: various dried peas, beans, lentils, and barley, which had been soaking since this morning.

And lots of freshly-ground black pepper to give it a bit of a kick

There should be enough soup at the end of it that I’ll be back to struggling to fit it all in the freezer, which is as it should be going into winter

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Tea this evening shall be liver, bacon and onion gravy.

I think I'll get things moving.
      And so I did.

Stages 1 & 2 done & dusted. Stage 3 happens tomorrow morning just after breakfast.

The liver was from Morrisons and cut rather thicker than I like but it was nice enough & since I didn't divide it into two portions, there was A Lot Of It, along with the unidentifiable bacon rashers, which were also quite nice.

I was incautious enough to consume a small quantity of the raw onion just before I started cooking and for a while I was wondering if I was going to throw it back up again.

In the event it was ok.

Sweet was stewed apple and custard which was pleasant, though the custard boiled over as I was engrossed in making the gravy, much to my enduring irritation.

All good, together with 1.05 pints of the Good Glengettie Tea.

Once I've had a shower it'll be time for Angel S4 E17, 18, 19 & 20 according to the crossover guide.

<hiatus>

How odd, I'd totally forgotten the tedium that is Jasmine.

There might just be a reason for that.

So E17 & 18 are all I can tolerate for now.

Now watching a thing on BBC4 about model railways.

See?

I really don't like Jasmine.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 December 2019, 21:13.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been the rest of roast lamb (yes, there was more!), reheated in the oven, with chips and beans

Comment

Just took the bag from the kitchen bin out back, where I was able to find a place for it in a neighbour’s bin that had already been put out

And our recycling bin is only half full, so I’m not bothering with any trundling.

But the big news out there is that the sky has cleared, and there’s an extremely bright full moon shining down from high in the sky

It’ll cloud over again later though

Comment

FFS. I’m opening the wine

Comment

^^still pissing down here.

Having become bored with the model train thing, I returned to "Agent Jack: the true story of MI5's Nazi Hunter" by Robert Hutton.

Half an hour of that, then a little bit of the BBC4 thing about stuff, whereupon I returned to said book which is rather inneresting in its way.

I'll be off to bed shortly once I've had my nightly cocktail of cough suppressant, which usually needs topping up at 01:30 with depressing regularity.

Even more inneresting was the post in TPD by an interloper who seems to have deleted it.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                ^^still pissing down here.

Having become bored with the model train thing, I returned to "Agent Jack: the true story of MI5's Nazi Hunter" by Robert Hutton.

Half an hour of that, then a little bit of the BBC4 thing about stuff, whereupon I returned to said book which is rather inneresting in its way.

I'll be off to bed shortly once I've had my nightly cocktail of cough suppressant, which usually needs topping up at 01:30 with depressing regularity.

Even more inneresting was the post in TPD by an interloper who seems to have deleted it.
                I’ve got that book, though I haven’t read it yet

Didn’t see the interlopost

This evening's viewing has been a further couple of episodes of The Wire S4: E3 Home Rooms (TV Episode 2006) and E4 Refugees (TV Episode 2006)

I’ll see how long I can tolerate the ongoing punditry while I finish this wine

Comment

The Scotch broth has turned out remarkably fine, by the way: very thick and rich, six hefty portions, one of which will be tomorrow’s lunch while the rest go in the freezer

I could have made seven portions out of it, but winter is coming so big bowls of soup rule.

I went large on the vegetables this time, given that I had so many cheap off the market, and I think it’s paid off. I should go to the market more often, even though I hate it there

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all. Still dark out.

Sounds like it's rained overnight or still raining.

Comment

Working...
                      X