• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as I promised not to be miserable, alog comes another suicide case on CUK. Very depressing.

I really had to restrict my reply. I am still incredibly angry at my brother killing himself in Feb. Its just so selfish.

I have swapped a few PMs with the poster. They are bipolar and wanted special treatment. There are quite a few posters who could ask for special treatment. But CUK is a meritocracy. Any poster can be banned randomly at the will of a mod!

People weho expect the world to rotate around them have trouble on CUK. For those who listen a little and make any sort of attempt to fit in, CUK is fantastic.

Which probably explains why I have been perma-banned so often.....

Comment

To lighten the mood a little, have I missed an oak island update?

Comment

HWMBO and I had a lovely evening at the Playhouse Theatre watching James McEvoy as Cyrano de Bergerac. Excellent version of the play.

Now in Giorgios Pizza on Earls Court Road getting some much needed fodder to soak up the bottle of Veuve Cliquot we had.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          HWMBO and I had a lovely evening at the Playhouse Theatre watching James McEvoy as Cyrano de Bergerac. Excellent version of the play.

Now in Giorgios Pizza on Earls Court Road getting some much needed fodder to soak up the bottle of Veuve Cliquot we had.

The name was familiar. I googled and his face was familiar. But I could not work out what I had seen him in.

Last King of Scotland! Awesome film!

Comment

Talking of films, I watched die hard tonight. With the kids.

Then it was strictly wife wife and daughter. Daughter only wanted to see Taylor Swift. She is a "swifty".....

Comment

Tea was the penultimate portion of chili from the freezer.

It was nice enough with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment was Angel S4 E21 & 22, BTVS S7 E20, 21, & 22.

So that's BTVS done & dusted, with the final season of Angel to come.

As regards the Oak Island nutjobs the ep was reviewed last Sunday IIRC, when they found wood, bits of iron, and a submerged concrete wall.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

went to see a pantomime today. Beauty & the Beast by amateur players. really good fun lots of behind yous because a quick pub visit before the performance. Apparently this sort of performance isn't normal in Albania so our mate absolutely loved it, his kids too.

Miss V1 is back from UNI so we had miss V3 delighted to see her back and squeals of delight.

sometimes life is just awesome.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Too “tired” after last night to get into movie watching tonight, so it was a couple more episodes of S4 of The Wire: E5 Alliances (TV Episode 2006) and E6 Margin of Error (TV Episode 2006)

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    As regards the Oak Island nutjobs the ep was reviewed last Sunday IIRC, when they found wood, bits of iron, and a submerged concrete wall.

You are quite right. I am losing what few marbles I had.

The mb31 thing upset me. I had to check again today.

Trust MF to post nonsense. The poster who kept telling me autism in my children does not exist. Them has an autistic child. And I have helped him in a few phone calls.

I begged him not to thank me publicly and keep putting the boot in. I have a reputation to maintain.....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      sometimes life is just awesome.
                      Like cycling to Brighton!

Comment

Working...
                      X