• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all

Yesterday was bright and sunny for the most part. I did some, but not all, of my shopping. Boots on the High Street is being rebuilt and what's left is not worth visiting.

Also discovered that Dorothy Perkins is no more on the High Street. So a voucher for the SiL could not be procured.

Grey hairs have been banished for a few weeks.

At some point, while HWMBO and I were in the wine bar, it rained but it remained dry for the walk home.

We watched some episodes of The Repair Shop, Have I Got a Bit More News For You, and Rick Stein's Secret France.

This morning it's quite warm out. Damp on the ground, must have rained over night, but not raining when I walked to the station. Overcast, which probably explains the warmth.

Many tourists on the tube this morning. Stabbity stab....

Comment

Morning all great day on the slopes yesterday. Haven’t seen this much early season snow in over a decade. More snow due this afternoon and for the rest of the week.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning All

Still dark in Manchester but seemed to be quite calm and an almost balmy 5 degrees

Happy Mondays!

Comment

Morningn all

Grey, very grey.

No current precipitation.

More or less unWindy.

Monday.

I wonder how clean the telex machine is.

<taking car down to the fixers hiatus>

<coming back to town on the X4 bus hiatus>

New TFW 's bus pass thing works.

In with the hoi polloi.

The malodorous one is on the other side of the room.

I can still smell him.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 December 2019, 10:36.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

rain's stopped.
            bored.

meh.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The nutjobs are investigating the underwater concrete wall in Smiths cove.

Which has got two plugged pipes in it.

The pipes are rubbery.

More hammer grab digging at H8 brings up tiny pieces of ?parchment? ?bone? ?leather?.

Some chap who writes books about how to sink money into a hole in the ground turned up with the theory that there's an underwater entrance and that there may be additional flood tunnels on the other side of the island.

In next week's exciting episode, the H8 site starts to collapse.

I'm not sure I can cope with my overwhelming indifference.

Please try to cope. Or I might be forced to watch and be indifferent on your behalf.

Comment

Thank God I have some work. Been getting cabin fever here.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Slept a bit later than expected today, but I think I’m probably fully recovered from the Friday/Saturday shenanigans now so that’s OK

My thing that scrapes my Twitter timeline stopped working last Friday, so I need to work out what’s going on there as all the individual components still seem to be functioning

Anyway, due to all that I then had to scramble to get the links together, but they’re up now

Comment

Afternoon all.

"W"FH on the sofa today. Grey outside - the sun is trying feebly to burn through to no avail.

Month 3 of NHS permiedom and this is doing my nut in. If only there were some contracts around I'd tell them to sling their hook.

Between awkward clients, a lot of bench time, problems with the children and now the wasteland of permiedom this really has been a year to forget.

Comment

And I should have pointed out...

<--

Comment

Working...
                      X