• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    have i missed anything?

Its been all wexcitment here! Not the usual drivel. Definetly not.

Even the washing has been exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      And off we go on a M&S fish hunt.
      You can supply fish to a person and get them fish once.

Or you can point them in the direction of M&S and they get fish for life.

Or something like that....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        And off we go on a M&S fish hunt.
        Breaded haddock by any chance?

Comment

You can drivel for a man and he'll be entertained for a day.

Teach a man to drivel and you'll end up with TPD.

Comment

Lunch has been more of the M&S reduced-to-clear pâté on toasted sesame bloomer

It’s supposed to be 9°C out there now, but there’s a very chilly breeze making it unpleasant if, like me, you’re an idiot and go out there in a t-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Breaded haddock by any chance?
              Yup.

I was tempted by the battered cod but it's best to stick to what you know.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin multi seed toast (crust) with a bramble jelly sarnie, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea and a mini Mars bar.

All of which were very nice to the extent that I had another mini Mars bar to round it all off completely.

The walk having been walked, I found two examples of the black rock with white fossils this morning & brought them back to have a closer look.

The walk started out dry but rapidly got drizzlier and drizzlier as time went on.

By the end I was glad to get back indoors.

Checking emails whilst in with the hoi polloi, Regressive want an updated CV for some strange reason.

Probably desperation I'd have thunk.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hello peeps

Dodgy tum appears to have returned. No idea why. Maybe this norovirus malarkey or whatever I had lingers a lot longer than I had expected. Don't feel ill, fortunately, just needed to be in very close proximity to a toilet all morning.

Work is busy. More anemometer data analysis. People seem to like my radar charts plotting various things by wind direction. Funny how the simple things work.

Also got my Power BI conundrum solved by a very helpful chap on the MS Power BI forum. Will delve more into that next week. I think it took me longer to anonymise the data than it did for them to come up with a solution.

Will finish at about 4pm today and then pack a few bits before accompanying HWMBO up to Scotlandshire for the weekend. Day off tomorrow.

Comment

I see someone in technical wants advice on "smart" homes. I bet it ends up being a system that detects cyclists then fires in their direction. Lets hope its a better shot than he is.

Comment

Thank God it has gone quiet at work. I go to work to get paid. Not to actually do anything.

Comment

I don't go to work at all.

Oh the stress.

Tea was chili con carne with rice (pilau, Morrisons, just to try) and had festered in the freezer for long enough to get remarkably warm.

With orange segments and custard for sweet, rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The Freecell score today was 89% after some difficult games came up.

Dunno what to watch this evening.

I suppose I'll find sommat or other.

There's a Grime programme on 5, that'll do to be going on with.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 January 2020, 18:49.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X