• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been the remaining leg and wing off the big chicken along with a bit of breast meat and the skin off the breast, reheated in the oven, with chips and lashings of red sauce

The chips were from a batch I prepared and froze earlier in the day, and were very good. I’ve been a bit remiss about making chips lately, relying on shop-bought frozen ones, but these reminded me of why it’s worth the extra trouble

Comment

Do you have a proper deep fat fryer or just make do with a saucepan of oil?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Unlike some of you lot I rarely find anything on TV worth watching. One exception last night was The "Invention of Lying" on Netflix. Gervais is an excellent bloke.
        Sadly I can't stand him so I religiously avoid watching anything he's in, other than "Alias" wherein he featured in two eps before getting offed IIRC.

That was worth watching.

The same goes for James Fat bastard Corden, I nearly poked my eyes out when watching the one ep of Doctor Who he festered in.

The evening's post tedious trip around Scotland with Susan Whatsherface, was the last hour and a bit of "2001", which, I was innerested to see, had a built in "Intermission" and no less than 9 minutes or so of credits.

It's a disappointment that Keir Dullea never says "My God It's Full Of Stars".

Thanks to FF, the boring bits went by in a flash of psychedelic lighting.

Much like the Intermission and credits.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I agree. Gervais makes my fists itch. Much like Tom Cruise does. I'm sure there's others but I don't tend to think about them much

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Do you have a proper deep fat fryer or just make do with a saucepan of oil?
            Deep fat fryer. Apart from the safety aspects, my chip-making process relies on fairly precise temperature control for the two separate frying stages

Comment

The festive season seems to have messed up my sense of time, such that I’m fairly convinced today is either Tuesday or Wednesday

Possibly related is that I didn’t feel like watching anything tonight, so instead I read a few more chapters of Bad Blood. Astonishing that they managed to get away with it for so long

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I agree. Gervais makes my fists itch. Much like Tom Cruise does. I'm sure there's others but I don't tend to think about them much
                Me?

Comment

I went to bed thinking about a thorny work issue. Woke up at 3am with the solution. Luckily I still remembered it this morning....

Comment

Email. News about lottery ticket. And it was not £2.40 prize!

Sadly only the £6 prize.

Not that winning the lottery would make much difference to me these days. I get bored too easily.

Comment

Funny, but there are people one just finds irritating for no obvious reason. I can't stand Jamie Oliver or Paul McCartney but can't think of anything they've done or said to justify it.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X