• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I'm thinking of going down the dump this afternoon to clear the decks a bit.

Ancient jeans washed in one WM, scarfe, gloves, and walking socks washed in the other WM.

Jeans now in the TD, the rest of it will go in when that's finished.

The sheer unadulterated excitement of my life knows few bounds, I can tell you.
    The bounds were expanded by the trip down the dump which got shot of 3 buckets of glass bottles & jars, some bits of metal, and a full bag of platic bottles.

I do seem to drink a lot of milk & soda water, with some considerable amounts of port & Old Peculier thrown in for good measure.

Then I moved stuff around in the outside bog so I could flush the thing since the appalling pong residing therein was becoming offensive.

Once I'd moved all the rubbish out so I could lift the lid on the trap, it was plain that it hadn't been flushed in about 20 months or so, since I cleared out next door.

3 flushes & a good dollop of Domestos(tm) (other bleaches are available) should keep it smelling reasonably pleasant for a while.

The valve in the cistern was a bit reluctant to refill, but a deft poke of the ball soon gee-ed it up.

'Tis dark out there now.

I found a pair of ancient jeans in there too, which look perfectly ok for gardening, so I'll wash 'em & add them to the pile of nearly worn out but too good to throw away stuff that clutters up the place.

Might come in handy, like.

The other pair of jeans took an astonishing amount of time to dry.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mundane laundry time again here

Comment

Tea was the last of Sunday's roast beef with carrots and onions.

Nice enough, followed by orange segments and custard (in the ongoing endeavour to get rid of both oranges & milk).

Now downing 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Yum.

I also discovered that I'd forgotten to take the papers down the dump.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Mundane laundry time again here
          And done

I also discovered that I'd forgotten to take the papers down the dump.

Ho hum.
          I don’t think I’ve ever been to the dump without finding I’d forgotten something when I got back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Soup for lunch - not homemade this time, but Heinz Tomato Soup out of a proper tin and everything, accompanied by a thick chunk of sesame bloomer. Lovely
            I've taken a liking to the Heinz Cream of Tomato with a Kick of Chilli soup. It's less a kick and more of a nudge but it has an extra 'something' to make it more interesting.

Now I've thought about it, I will have to add some to my shopping order...

Comment

Fired up iPlayer. Now watching S1E1 of the original House of Cards.

Still not sure whether it’s fiction, based on reality of 1990, or set in some dystopian future 30 years hence.

So far, the new leader of the Tory party has made a speech about how the nation was divided, but we must all come together.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^If the PM is an idiotic blonde buffoon, you're watching the news.

Comment

dinner has been more lovely irish black pudding, with eggs and chips.
                  and lashings of HP sauce.
                  with the rest of last night's Rioja.

yum

Comment

^If the PM is an idiotic blonde buffoon, you're watching the news.
                    You might very well think think that, I couldn’t possibly comment.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      You might very well think think that, I couldn’t possibly comment.

neither could he intelligently...
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X