• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Anyway, the mild spitting that's been going on for the last 3 hours has just turned into torrential rain.

Pallet must be about to arrive.
    Been pissing down here since about 14:30.

Lunch, as it transpires, was baked beans and a baked potato with a beetroot sarnie and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The afternoon's Freecell score was 90% with the running average stuck firmly at 82%.

Tea this evening is expected to be chili and rice, being the penultimate portion of the last lot I made about 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 January 2020, 16:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

pissing dahn here now, too.
      meh

Comment

New monitor installed.

Dell kindly don't send any information on how to use it and expect you to know to download everything you need. I very nearly packed it up and sent it back. HWMBO talked me off that ledge by finding the information Dell didn't supply in a dummy-proof format.

So far, so good. It's taken a good couple of hours to get it set up and will probably take a little while to get used to it all but I'm a happy bunny.

Comment

Changed the bed, because I live for pleasure alone

Bonus: it makes the Apple Watch think I’ve been engaged in some form of physical activity

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            New monitor installed.

Dell kindly don't send any information on how to use it and expect you to know to download everything you need. I very nearly packed it up and sent it back. HWMBO talked me off that ledge by finding the information Dell didn't supply in a dummy-proof format.

So far, so good. It's taken a good couple of hours to get it set up and will probably take a little while to get used to it all but I'm a happy bunny.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              New monitor installed.

threw out the little bit of packaging containing the instruction CD then?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                threw out the little bit of packaging containing the instruction CD then?
                An instruction CD isn't much use when the last laptop I bought that had one is 10 years old and went to the tip today (my parents had it for the past 6 years and it died just before Christmas).
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  An instruction CD isn't much use when the last laptop I bought that had one is 10 years old and went to the tip today (my parents had it for the past 6 years and it died just before Christmas).
                  i wasn't adressing you, particularly.
                  thought that was obvious.

Comment

Two top tips:

Best kebab in Manchester city centre - Istanbul Grill on Bridge Street

One of the best coffee shops in MCR central - Grindsmith, near enough opposite Istanbul Grill.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Tea this evening is expected to be chili and rice, being the penultimate portion of the last lot I made about 3 weeks ago.
                      And thusly it proved to be, with orange segments and custard for sweet, rounded off nicely with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's post dishwashing and showering entertainment is expected to be E4.5, 5, & 6 of Private Schulz.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X