• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    threw out the little bit of packaging containing the instruction CD then?
    The printer I bought to connect to this little box came with an install CD so I had to get a USB dvd r/w thingie to read it.

Having installed about 2Mb of stuff it then hops off on the interweb & installs about a gig of crap.

And it checks everyfeckingtime I turn the box on.

I must have printed at least 20 pages in the time I've owned it.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tea this evening is expected to be chili and rice, being the penultimate portion of the last lot I made about 3 weeks ago.
    Stone me, the festering in the freezer had increased the heatness.

Never mind, it's cleaned out the sinuses a bit.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 January 2020, 18:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just took the recycling out. It had accumulated rather, due to Christmas and forgetting to put the bin out two or three times, along with other people filling it before I got there, so it was probably about a month’s worth. That filled the bin up, so it has been trundled forth

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        threw out the little bit of packaging containing the instruction CD then?
        No such thing. Just a bit of paper laughingly called a quick start guide.

Comment

I was tempted to fire up Wolfenstein or F.E.A.R. to test out the monitor but have decided to save that for another day as I have wedding photos to review on it instead.

Comment

Chicken house arrived just as I was about to go out with The Dog (tw).

Left it at the front of the house, walked The Dog (tw), came back, washed The Dog (tw), then unpacked the pallet and left most of it in the sunroom. Might do a bit of building tomorrow.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

i too, have had chilli for dinner, also improved by it's time in the freezer.
              with a french malbec, for a change.

quite nice.

Comment

Actually summit worth watching on TV. New series of Teeth in Paradise starts tonight.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

For tea tonight: chicken Madras, rice, and naan. Very tasty, and not excessively hot

This was a Sainsbury’s own-brand sauce jar that I bought ages ago, mainly as an experiment to see if the own-brand ones were as good as the Patak’s. Mind you, I’ve never had the Patak’s Madras, if indeed they make one, so the experiment wasn’t very well thought out

Anyway, it had ended up sitting in the cupboard ever since, but I noticed that it had reached its best-before date about three months ago, so I figured I’d better try it before it had to be binned. Pretty good I thought; I need to check the Patak’s range to see if I have to try theirs for comparison

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    The evening's post dishwashing and showering entertainment is expected to be E4.5, 5, & 6 of Private Schulz.
                    So it came to be, with Ian Richardson playing 4 different characters making it extra special.

The writer didn't live to see it made, having popped his clogs a couple of years before.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Chicken house arrived just as I was about to go out with The Dog (tw).
                      One of the Esteemed Customers designed an automated chicken house some years ago as his major project.

I'm not altogether sure I'd have trusted his design enough to put any chickens in it mind you.

Comment

Working...
                      X