• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose I’d better get the shopping done.

And as I type that, the sun goes behind a cloud for the first time all day. Expect torrential rain shortly

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Cycle done. 3 miles. Was quite painful. I wont be commuting for a while.
      So what exactly have you done to yourself? I saw that you had come off on ice but missed any details of the actual injury.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

New chicken house built.
        Haven't attached the automatic door opener yet, might do that after the next meeting.

For those at all interested (i.e. none of you), or those bored on a Friday afternoon (i.e. most of you), this is what was purchased:
        Durham Hen House (for up to 12 hens)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Suppose I’d better get the shopping done.
          Or not, as the Toyota’s battery is nearly flat; not enough juice to get it started. Now waiting for Green Flag, due in about an hour

Comment

Or not, as the Toyota’s battery is nearly flat; not enough juice to get it started. Now waiting for Green Flag, due in about an hour

If you park it outside, get one of these:
            AA 5060114614185 Solar-Powered Car Battery Charger, Black: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

If it's in a garage:
            CTEK MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic Battery Charger (Charges, Maintains and Reconditions Car and Motorcycle Batteries) 12V, 5 Amp - UK Plug: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Green Flag phone app boasts location tracking, allowing you to see where your “technician” is. Mine is currently sitting at his place of employment in a suburb about four miles away

I also like the way the map starts zoomed all the way out to show most of the northern and southern hemispheres. “Yes, he’s just fixing this pickup truck in Namibia and then he’ll be on his way to you.”

Comment

It’s the first time I’ve used it in two weeks, but even in cold weather the battery shouldn’t go flat in that time (it didn’t in two months of much colder weather when I had surgery the other year) so I suspect getting a new battery will be on my to-do list if that is indeed the problem

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You are a MancManc now?
                  Yep, but that sounds too much like a duck with no roof to its mouth.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    So what exactly have you done to yourself? I saw that you had come off on ice but missed any details of the actual injury.
                    The original damage all long gone. All to do with pulled muscles. I must be getting old - there was only a small impact. But 29 days and I am still hardly walking properly. I had to WFH last 2 days.

This TT in July - how far is it? I tried to look online but there are quite a few TTs in July.

Comment

It’s the first time I’ve used it in two weeks, but even in cold weather the battery shouldn’t go flat in that time (it didn’t in two months of much colder weather when I had surgery the other year) so I suspect getting a new battery will be on my to-do list if that is indeed the problem
                      If only there was a poster round here who knew how to fix car electrical problems.....

Why not start a thread in general and give everyone a laugh! 14 pages of drivel later, you still wont get any help....

Comment

Working...
                      X