• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so tired I had to go for an afternoon kip. Thank God for mouse jiggler. And lack of rod issues....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The original damage all long gone. All to do with pulled muscles. I must be getting old - there was only a small impact. But 29 days and I am still hardly walking properly. I had to WFH last 2 days.

This TT in July - how far is it? I tried to look online but there are quite a few TTs in July.
      Not how far, how long. It's the National 24Hr TT. How far can you go in 24hrs including all stops for food, sleep etc. Rode it two years ago and did 418 miles, including 40 mins passed out at the side of the road having bonked spectacularly due to screwing up my nutrition plan. If I can get fit I'm aiming to do 450+ this time.

Last years details.

Cycling Time Trials:
      RTTC National 24 hour Championship (Mersey Roads) (Entries close 27/6/19)
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The original damage all long gone. All to do with pulled muscles. I must be getting old - there was only a small impact. But 29 days and I am still hardly walking properly. I had to WFH last 2 days.

This TT in July - how far is it? I tried to look online but there are quite a few TTs in July.
        This is the aftermath of my last big "Off". Not posting the pic's directly because

a: It is reasonably gruesome (although not as bad as Divers hand)
        b: I doubt most of the posters here want to see pictures of my arse cheek. You have been warned.

Shared album - Dave B - Google Photos

The heamatoma took 3 months to subside completely although I wasn't in pain after the first week or so and was back on the bike 10 days later. Pics were taken in the hotel in Grassmere the night before rode the Fred Whitton Challenge about 3 weeks after it happened.

Comment

Shopping finally done!

The Green Flag delegate finally arrived bang on the estimated time, having presumably finished his beans on toast or whatever he was doing at his workplace for the preceding fifty minutes, and gave the car a jump with a battery pack. Fired up first time, so it’s definitely the battery.

I asked if I should try charging it or head straight up to Halfords for a new one, and he recommended the latter, adding that I shouldn’t stop the engine for at least forty-five minutes. So off to Halfords I immediately went. That’s only about ten minutes in traffic, but I parked near the door and planned to get them to fit it, so I wasn’t too worried if it wouldn’t start again.

Except, despite the website having offered me a choice of batteries, all of which it said were in stock at that store, he looked the car up and said they didn’t do one that would fit

I was mightily confused by this but he insisted that no they didn’t do one and nor could they order one, turning his monitor to show me some vague message. Then he looked up Euro Car Parts (or whatever they’re called) on his phone and told me they had or could order a suitable one, so I should go to them, on the adjacent industrial estate

So back to the car I went, wondering if it would start - which it did instantly, as if there’d never been a problem.

And instead of exploring the industrial estate, I drove out to the motorway junction and, just as I did when the battery was low after my operation, drove down the M69 to the junction that has access from both directions, and back again.

Then I went to Sainsbury’s, as it’s just by there. I skipped M&S just in case…

Now, at the start of this whole sorry saga, I’d remembered to take out to the car several bags of old magazines and suchlike that have been cluttering the place for months. So I parked at the far corner of the car park, got a couple of bags out, walked over to the recycling spot… and all the paper/card skips were full to overflowing, with corrugated cardboard tongues poking out as if to mock me

So the recycling is back in the boot of the car, I finally got the shopping done (still parked in the far corner of the car park just in case), and the car was absolutely fine starting up again

Hopefully the battery will be manageable for a week or two while I try to work out what on earth this Halfords situation is all about. First, I might try going to their other store, to see if they’re able to get a bit further than “Computer says no”

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Shopping finally done!

The Green Flag delegate finally arrived bang on the estimated time, having presumably finished his beans on toast or whatever he was doing at his workplace for the preceding fifty minutes, and gave the car a jump with a battery pack. Fired up first time, so it’s definitely the battery.

I asked if I should try charging it or head straight up to Halfords for a new one, and he recommended the latter, adding that I shouldn’t stop the engine for at least forty-five minutes. So off to Halfords I immediately went. That’s only about ten minutes in traffic, but I parked near the door and planned to get them to fit it, so I wasn’t too worried if it wouldn’t start again.

Except, despite the website having offered me a choice of batteries, all of which it said were in stock at that store, he looked the car up and said they didn’t do one that would fit

I was mightily confused by this but he insisted that no they didn’t do one and nor could they order one, turning his monitor to show me some vague message. Then he looked up Euro Car Parts (or whatever they’re called) on his phone and told me they had or could order a suitable one, so I should go to them, on the adjacent industrial estate

So back to the car I went, wondering if it would start - which it did instantly, as if there’d never been a problem.

And instead of exploring the industrial estate, I drove out to the motorway junction and, just as I did when the battery was low after my operation, drove down the M69 to the junction that has access from both directions, and back again.

Then I went to Sainsbury’s, as it’s just by there. I skipped M&S just in case…

Now, at the start of this whole sorry saga, I’d remembered to take out to the car several bags of old magazines and suchlike that have been cluttering the place for months. So I parked at the far corner of the car park, got a couple of bags out, walked over to the recycling spot… and all the paper/card skips were full to overflowing, with corrugated cardboard tongues poking out as if to mock me

So the recycling is back in the boot of the car, I finally got the shopping done (still parked in the far corner of the car park just in case), and the car was absolutely fine starting up again

Hopefully the battery will be manageable for a week or two while I try to work out what on earth this Halfords situation is all about. First, I might try going to their other store, to see if they’re able to get a bit further than “Computer says no”
            If you have a multimeter handy check the battery in the morning before you start the engine. Anything below 12.6v and its buggered.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Not how far, how long. It's the National 24Hr TT. How far can you go in 24hrs including all stops for food, sleep etc. Rode it two years ago and did 418 miles, including 40 mins passed out at the side of the road having bonked spectacularly due to screwing up my nutrition plan. If I can get fit I'm aiming to do 450+ this time.

Last years details.

Cycling Time Trials:
              RTTC National 24 hour Championship (Mersey Roads) (Entries close 27/6/19)

Close to me. I might well try to pop down.

I can remember when bonked used to mean something else!

Comment

This is the aftermath of my last big "Off". Not posting the pic's directly because

a: It is reasonably gruesome (although not as bad as Divers hand)
                b: I doubt most of the posters here want to see pictures of my arse cheek. You have been warned.

The heamatoma took 3 months to subside completely although I wasn't in pain after the first week or so and was back on the bike 10 days later. Pics were taken in the hotel in Grassmere the night before rode the Fred Whitton Challenge about 3 weeks after it happened.

Comment

If you have a multimeter handy check the battery in the morning before you start the engine. Anything below 12.6v and its buggered.
                  Cheers, I do indeed have a multimeter… somewhere in here

Comment

WBPS

Comment

Is anyone sticking their head outside to look at the lunar eclipse?

Not sure how you see anything...

Comment

Working...
                      X