• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Chicken quarters aroasting in the oven along with a rice pud (see: I remembered again, the alzheimer's hasn't quite got me yet).
    Chicken was ok in its way, the bacon rashers were lovely, this being the only way (apart from with liver) that I ever eat bacon.

The rice pud was done almost to a turn, being very milky indeed rather than dried to sahara desert like I normally achieve.

Taking it out a bit sooner does seem to help.

Now enjoying 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea before starting the dishes.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Dinner was ASDA's best meatfeast with a Old Mout alcohol free cider. (actually their 0% cider is best than their alcohol included version).
      Isn't that just a fizzy apple juice?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I feel most unwell. I am going down with something. grrrrr
        Noo! Rest up some more and get well soon

Comment

Sunday afternoon shop done, dusted, & put away.

Naturally enough, despite it being fine and sunny before hand, it managed to piss down as I was wheeling the shopping up the garden path in the wheel barrow.

Sunny again now with CBS.

Today's purchase was a packet of Morrisons dark chocices, one of which has already disappeared, the remainder being consigned to the freezer to keep them out of view.

Looking forward to the chunk of cold rice pud for tea.

Comment

Out on me walk today and saw 3 rather overweight people jogging. Nice to see they haven't ditched their new year's resolution. Yet.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I have been a busy bee today.

Bed stripped and all washed.

Accounts for the year to date all ship shape.

Beginnings of a good spring clean getting started. I can't do it this coming weekend but the one after that is pencilled in for a thorough clean and clear out.

Comment

Home again

My Mum wasn’t feeling too well so spent most of her time up in bed, receiving visitors like some mediæval monarch

But we had a very nice lunch, courtesy of my brother and his wife, who’d roasted a couple of joints and put together various accompaniments - the fried potatoes were particularly good

Got a lift back off them too, as they live up in the Peak District and were returning home today, thereby sparing me the trip back on the replacement bus

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Home again

My Mum wasn’t feeling too well so spent most of her time up in bed, receiving visitors like some mediæval monarch

But we had a very nice lunch, courtesy of my brother and his wife, who’d roasted a couple of joints and put together various accompaniments - the fried potatoes were particularly good

Got a lift back off them too, as they live up in the Peak District and were returning home today, thereby sparing me the trip back on the replacement bus
                  ^^^ for NF's mum.

Just watching a prog on PBS about

Bleriot XI - Wikipedia

What always strikes me is the 50 years separating that from

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird - Wikipedia

Comment

dinner was jerk chicken with rice and peas man.
                    and a sauvignon blanc.

very tasty.

i'll have some rum, later, to round it off properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      ^^^ for NF's mum.

Just watching a prog on PBS about

Bleriot XI - Wikipedia

What always strikes me is the 50 years separating that from

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird - Wikipedia
                      I’ve seen the Blériot XI belonging to the Shuttleworth Collection flying a number of times - when I was a kid and we moved down south, I used to go horse riding around that area every weekend, and even when they weren’t putting a show on, one or other of the old planes would be getting flown around

Not sure the SR-71 would have handled Old Warden's grass airstrip very well though. I suspect it would have ended up in the neighbouring fields of Brussels sprouts pretty frequently on both takeoff and landing

Comment

Working...
                      X