• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    i remember landing in Zurich in high winds once. pilot aborted twice before finally slamming the thing down and anchoring up rapidly!
    interesting indeed
    The times I've landed in Leeds Bradford have always been fun due to massive crosswinds - who builds a runway at the top of the hill.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The times I've landed in Leeds Bradford have always been fun due to massive crosswinds - who builds a runway at the top of the hill.
      Plymouth - Plymouth City Airport - Wikipedia

Although it is now closed.

Remember landing at this one in some pretty big crosswinds..

I could see the runway out of the side window due to the pilot needing to take into account the crosswinds meaning the plane seemed to be at a 45 degree angle to the runway.

pretty scary to be honest - even the hostesses looked nervous which is not a good sign!

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        You owe it to yourself. Raspberry or blackberry would be my recommendations.
        Blackcurrant jam on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread.

Very nice.

Lunch, which preceded it, was beaon on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea to round it all off, like.

Appointment to see the quack made for 22nd Jan.

If I'm still alive by then, looking, as ever, on the bright side.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Links are up
            Indeed.

I've read a few.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch: sausage and bacon sandwich on sesame bloomer, with red sauce. Lovely stuff

Comment

This afternoon’s Awfully Big Adventure has been a walk up the road to the bank, to pay in the cheque (an antique financial instrument inscribed in “ink” on a material called “paper”) my brother gave me for Christmas, followed by a cut through some side streets up to the pharmacy to collect this month’s prescription; and so home

Very windy out there now, and going to get windier by all accounts

Comment

Raining too now

Comment

Persisting it down and a bit windy here.

Negotiations started with client following a LinkedIn status update.

Two enquiries from my network following said update with potential leads should I need to follow them up.

Comment

Working...
                      X