• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that like deforestation?

no.
    it's more like the auld glesga greeting
    'pick a windae, - yer leavin'

Comment

dinner has been chicken provencale, with rice.
      home cooked, in a flurry of activity, for a change.
      and a nice merlot.

very nice.

watching 'wonder woman'

strange film.
      not exactly rivetting.

meh

nice arse, though

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        new decade resolution.

Just call me Mr Crusty..
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          defenestration not an option?
          I live on the basement level. This just makes a mess that I have to clear up

Comment

Last of November’s lamb stew for tea. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The evening's entertainment, post shower & dish washing (not necessarily in that order), is posited as "Trail of the Pink Panther", this being the one made of out-takes following the death of Peter Sellers.

I don't hold out much hope for it.

At 21:00 on Film4 Sony Movies Classic there's a noir starring Glen Ford, Gloria Grahame and Lee Marvin (this last in Very Nasty mode IIRC*).

*Yes IIRC.
              The Pink Panther thing was, as advertised, assembled out of bits and pieces, the sadest part was David Niven's voice being overdubbed due to his MND.

Now watching The Big Heat, wherein, oddly, Mr Marvin has dark hair.

Don't tell Zeity, but I've just seen the Wig Wearing War Criminal in his TJ Hooker incarnation in a trail for same on Sony Movies Classic.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 January 2020, 21:20.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                no.
                it's more like the auld glesga greeting
                'pick a windae, - yer leavin'

As opposed to:

"Diz yer maw ken hoo tae sew? Weel gie 'er tae stitch thes 'en ." Followed by a Glasgow kiss.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  As opposed to:

"Diz yer maw ken hoo tae sew? Weel gie 'er tae stitch thes 'en ." Followed by a Glasgow kiss.
                  not opposed to, probably consecutively leading to.
                  not that i'd know, of course, being a devout pacifist and all.

Comment

Mr Marvin has done his thing with the boiling coffee.

<hiatus>

He came to A Bad End, and his girlfriend to an even more final one.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 January 2020, 23:25.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back to the telly again tonight with a rewatch of…

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Swedish Halloween Movie Night here, with Låt den rätte komma in (2008), or Let the Right One In in English. A twelve-year-old boy meets a twelve-year-old girl, but as we know from that nice Swedish lady at the Interesting Conference the other year, supernatural beings walk the mountains, forests, and housing estates of Sweden (despite the Swedes’ attempts to pretend otherwise to the rest of the world) and all is not as it seems…

Excellent film, I thought, and worth a watch even on nights when the forces of darkness aren’t exalted
                      …and my opinion remains unchanged; it’s very good indeed.

I’d forgotten that the Swedish lady was at the Interesting Conference rather than the Boring Conference; but the latter happens more often, so interesting things I learned in Conway Hall tend to get associated with it

Still raining off and on, and it appears it will continue in that vein for much of the night

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X