• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Sun shone until I was withing 200 yards of home whereupon it rained a bit.

By the time I'd put the shopping away the sun was out again, so I walked my walk in sunshine which lasted until 5 minutes ago when the rain returned briefly & the sun's out again now.

Lunch was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast plus baked potato (needed to get rid of said spud it having been around for a while) followed by 1.05 statutory pints of good Glengettie tea.

Aparently it was 10 years yesterday that ZeitMog went to the cat heaven in the sky, her mortal remains being in the greenhouse Zeity took down 2 or 3 years ago.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For lunch, a bit of very nice roast beef left over from Sunday lunch, in a wholemeal bap

Sunny out now, though still not very warm

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Lunch was soup from the stash HWMBO left behind. Very nice it was too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              <- manly

Comment

Next step in turning step son into a cyborg is that he now has an insulin pump installed, no more needs and injections (assuming he takes to it) to go with his flash sensor which he scans with his phone to get his blood glucose rather than having to draw blood from a finger prick.

The goal is a "closed loop" system where the sensor talks to the pump with no human intervention, at the moment we have to take the number from the sensor and add to the pump for it to know how much insulin to deliver
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So, having pored over the handbook and the Haynes book of lies, rooted around under the car and taken photos to be sure I’d identified the jack point, and checked the procedure all over again to be absolutely sure, I ventured forth to change the wheel on the Corolla and… I can’t get the wheel nuts undone

Fallen at the first hurdle

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    So, having pored over the handbook and the Haynes book of lies, rooted around under the car and taken photos to be sure I’d identified the jack point, and checked the procedure all over again to be absolutely sure, I ventured forth to change the wheel on the Corolla and… I can’t get the wheel nuts undone

Fallen at the first hurdle
                    Loosen the nuts Before you jack up the car.
                    you'll probably need to stand on the wheelbrace.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Loosen the nuts Before you jack up the car.
                      you'll probably need to stand on the wheelbrace.
                      Yes, I knew the bit about loosening them before raising (though it took an aside in a YouTube video to explain why - they should tell you the rationale behind these things, IMHO), but the tyre place has done them up so tight the last time they had them off that even pressure of the foot doesn’t help

Green Flag bloke will be here in about forty minutes. Might as well get my money’s worth out of them

Comment

Working...
                      X