• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Anyway, once whoever this chap is was here, he got the wheel changed in about five minutes flat
    He could have taken 2 hours to make you feel better!

Comment

DD went to university interview today. Thankfully I am slightly better so can guide her home.

She is currently going through PC's home town!

Comment

I really want to be well enough to sign into work tomorrow.

Getting bored so easily is a curse. And quite sad.....

Comment

I’ll look into getting a longer one or some such for the future; I still want to actually change a wheel now I’ve gone to all the trouble of learning how
          indeed.

I have a Lidl(tm) wheel wrench but unfortunately neither of the socket options fits the Corolla.

Tea was the last of Sunday's roast chicken with carrots & onions.

I was unsure if it would be edible since I've not done it before but it turned out ok.

That hot smoked paprika covers a multitude of sins.

Followed by the now standard orange segments and custard.

It's one of my five a day, honest, though the desert spoon of sugar in the custard probably negates that.

Now consuming the 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Busy day earning my crust.

Now logged off and am off to the cinema to see The Gentlemen (2020) - IMDb.

I have arranged for a local charity to take away the monitors and DVD/home cinema stuff. They will sell on and make some dosh, so I feel better about that.
            Excellent fillum. Very entertaining. Much swearing and moderate violence.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I really want to be well enough to sign into work tomorrow.

Getting bored so easily is a curse. And quite sad.....
              Sign on instead of signing in...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Thank God it is not just me who is mechanically useless!

Mind you, I would call out Green Flag to do my tyre pressures. What is this "jack" of which you speak? Is this something one's butler uses?
                I’m sure I could have got it done if it hadn’t been for the nuts. The thingy in the toolkit isn’t long enough to provide sufficient leverage, that’s what I reckon
                pair of bloody wooses.

dinner was chicken jalfrezi, the usual lazy feck's food.

with a nice merlot.

@brillo - don't feckin retire! - boredom city! FFS.

HANN

Comment

Boring morning updating crappy little website checkout and Paypal/Worldpay callbacks. They were working ok but generating error logs full of PHP warnings as I couldn't be arsed to put if (isset($_POST before every = $_POST[ bit. What happened to the days of good old sloppy coding, where anything not initialised was just treated as null?

Just the same with jscript too now. "use strict"; NO I F* WELL WON'T! Programming has been taken over by the OCD brigade!

PS No More Nails says on tube that it holds 50kg/cm2. That can't be right surely? You could use it to stop earthquakes.
                  PPS Watch part 2 of Silent Witness tonight then have another go at my guitar. New year resolution, ends next week.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I’m sure I could have got it done if it hadn’t been for the nuts. The thingy in the toolkit isn’t long enough to provide sufficient leverage, that’s what I reckon
                    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Yuss occifer, that's wot the extra bit of pipe in the boot is for, honest guv.

WDSS +1

If there is a short'ish bit off scaffold pipe about it would do the job nicely
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      pair of bloody wooses.

dinner was chicken jalfrezi, the usual lazy feck's food.

with a nice merlot.

@brillo - don't feckin retire! - boredom city! FFS.

HANN
                      Looking at your daily diary it looks exciting.

Do I have to give up ketchup? Do I have to be involved in a big accident at the first sign of manure?

Mind you, I could end up like DrS who has a really dull life!

Comment

Working...
                      X