• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Yes, that's much like the Lidl(tm) one, which is 17mm/19mm and doesn't fit the fecking nuts on either of my Corollas (Corollae?).

I think they're either 20 or 21mm.

I shall take the socket set down there tomorrow & find out.
    And, after investigation in the driving rain, 21mm it proved to be, so one of those extending things with a 21mm socket will do the business.

The walk got walked a bit early today since the forecast forecast rain later, which has proved to be correct.

Dry for the walk, wet for the walk down to town & back.

Windy with it to add to the joy of it all.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Second breakfast.
      We have a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Take that spare bike and cut it up?
        But it’s a perfectly good bike (apart from the lack of a chain)!

Comment

And, after investigation in the driving rain, 21mm it proved to be, so one of those extending things with a 21mm socket will do the business.
          Cheers, I’ll bear that in mind should I be seeking tools for the job

Comment

The walk got walked a bit early today since the forecast forecast rain later, which has proved to be correct.

Dry for the walk, wet for the walk down to town & back.

Windy with it to add to the joy of it all.
            Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Cheers, I’ll bear that in mind should I be seeking tools for the job
            Bear in mind it's pissing down with rain so I haven't checked that the extending thing will take the 21mm socket.

It was pissing down gently so I thought I'd catch the 10:51 bus down to Neath.

Naturally enough, by 11:05 it was hammering down & busless so for the first time in yonks I drove down here in the car.

Now in with the hoi polloi damply.

And there's an hour limit so I'm off shortly.

and off we go
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2020, 11:53.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Scotch broth for lunch

The rain’s starting to move in. Oh well, I wasn’t planning on going anywhere anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Not the pie and ale I hope. Only reprobates visit there.
                I think I can only go back there if I wear a disguise!!!

Tonight we are starting here Boutique Hotel and Pub in Manchester | The Abel Heywood

Not sure where we will finish though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  But it’s a perfectly good bike (apart from the lack of a chain)!
                  Stick it on ebay. All proceeds to charity. The CUK meet up fund......

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I think I can only go back there if I wear a disguise!!!

Tonight we are starting here Boutique Hotel and Pub in Manchester | The Abel Heywood

Not sure where we will finish though.

I just made a call to the drug squad. Boutique hotel tonight. 6pm. Major drug deal going down. Bring rubber gloves. The suspect? Typical IT person. Beard, white socks, t-shirt "there are 10 types of people in the world", anorak......

Comment

LM quiet today.

Comment

Working...
                      X