• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Nope. The one on History is not the one I'm watching on Blaze which is S6 IIRC.

Not that it makes much difference.

It left a remarkable amount of fluff in the TD.
    I will wait for you to summarise S7 for me then. Or I might

I read that as "amount of fluff in TPD"! This is not fluff. This is blogging in the community....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      She’s been washing my car.
      <George McFly voice>

Did you use 2 coats of wax?

Comment

Not sure what to have for tea tonight, but I fancy something a bit less healthy than I’ve had most of this week

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Not sure what to have for tea tonight, but I fancy something a bit less healthy than I’ve had most of this week
          Chips!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Chips!
            Yes, they’ll definitely figure - just trying to decide what to have with them

Comment

I'm having steak pie and peas with mine.

and a nice rioja.

probably

Comment

It's been a busy week at work; no idea why but it's nicer than the alternative. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier. I finish about 3.30 anyway as I have flight to weegieland to catch.

This afternoon, I had to trek from ClientCo all the way to Victoria to the Dominique Ansell bakery where I had pre-ordered some of this month's cronuts. One is for me to eat (already eaten!) and the others are for HWMBO and his kids.

Got to Victoria without incident, as one would expect. On arrival, I thought I was being clever but wasn't. This resulted in me exiting out of completely the wrong side of the station and having to walk all the way round to get onto the right road to the bakery (it's just by the coach station).

Order collection was uneventful. Gave my name, got the goods, bish bash bosh.

It was, by this time, about 5.45pm and peak commuter period.

On returning to Victoria tube station I discovered that they were stopping any entrance to the platforms due to overcrowding. The crowds were not exactly easing up in the scant few minutes I spent considering my options.

I opted to ditch the tube and get the #52 bus. This meant fighting my way back to the train station, against the flow of grumpy commuters, and out the Wilton Road exit to the bus stop.

Turned up at the bus stop and almost immediately the bus arrived! Being the first stop on the route, it was empty so I even got a seat.

Off at Kensington Palace and a short walk home. All before the heavens opened.

All in all a successful trip.

The cronut was yummy. Glad I bought myself two

Comment

i'm exhausted just reading that.

Comment

I can't think of ANY foodstuff which would tempt me to such extreme lengths to acquire it.

but, hey........... fill yer boots

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      I'm having steak pie and peas with mine.

and a nice rioja.

probably
                      If the weather was a bit better, I might have popped up to the nearby chip shop (re-opened yet again under yet newer management) for a Pukka pie and chips

Comment

Working...
                      X