• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    nah its Global warming/cooling/Climate disaster/change new ice age / encroaching desserts/normal weather - delete as appropriate.

I have actually stood in the sunshine eating an ice cream after we had to evacuate a large office because some idiot decided to braze under a smoke detector.
    so pudding affects the weather in weegieland??
    who'd've thunk it?

Comment

Light lunch of a couple of bits of wholemeal buttered toast

I’m always taken aback by the number of calories in butter when entering it in MyFitnessPal, but I daresay they're what makes it nice

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        so pudding affects the weather in weegieland??
        who'd've thunk it?

yep, all those sticky toffee puds increase my circumference and affect my wind.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          yep, all those sticky toffee puds increase my circumference and affect my wind.
          A good sticky toffee pudding and sauce is my kryptonite

Comment

Looks like I’m going to the pub tonight, so now I need to work out what time to go to the Chinese. Damn this disruption to my utterly dull routine!

Comment

In the Chinese

Dashed cold out there

Comment

Relaxing day today. Did some chores out and about, had a nice lunch, largely planned out our June trip to Singapore.

HWMBO is now cooking dinner.

We restarted watching The Boys on Amazon Prime last night, having started a few months ago but never saw them all, so I suspect we may pick that up again this evening to finish off the series.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the Chinese
                  And very nice it was, as usual

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Dashed cold out there
                  To the extent thatI’m seriously thinking of wearing a scarf for the walk to the pub

Comment

went out for a meet with the chaps <and chapesses> in our occasional covers band.
                    much was discussed, even more was consumed.
                    pished now, but hey, - it's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it.

Comment

Did I neglect to relate that lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea?

The afternoon's Freecell score was a disasterous 80% with the average unaffected at 82%.

The attempt to improve this lasted until 18:30 by which time it was getting very cold since the heating wasn't on.

Tea was the last of the bol with spag, sweet being orange segments and extremely thick custard (measurement seemed a bit dodgy this evening) washed down with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment began with Raiders of the Lost Ark which was amusing enough, though I didn't remember huge chunks of it.

The 2nd rather more amusing feature was the 33p dvd of "Return of the Pink Panther (1974)" which was the one with the parrot and the vacuum cleaner.

By far the funniest of the entire series, though there were, again, whole chunks of the film I didn't remember, other than the Sellers stuff which is unforgettable.

This leaves the other Pink Panther dvd for me to find: "The Pink Panther Strikes Again", this being the missing dvd from the box set.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2020, 23:27.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X