• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the pub after an enjoyable evening

My photographer friend has finished writing his book on the use of tilt-shift lenses

The contract with the publisher calls for delivery of the finished manuscript on Monday. However, his wife hasn’t finished proofreading it yet, so he’s let them know it’ll arrive later in the week

Meanwhile, over at the Polish café, the lights are still on and the security shutter only partway down. I would hypothesise that they’re working late, but I've just seen the couple who own it dancing vigorously, presumably to some music I can’t hear over here, so I think perhaps there’s been a bit of a private party going on over there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Meanwhile, over at the Polish café, the lights are still on and the security shutter only partway down. I would hypothesise that they’re working late, but I've just seen the couple who own it dancing vigorously, presumably to some music I can’t hear over here, so I think perhaps there’s been a bit of a private party going on over there
      More people dancing now - they must have been nearer the back earlier on so I couldn’t see them from here. Definitely a party in progress

Comment

The party at the Polish café is over. I expect they all had a good time

Meanwhile on this side of the road, the umpteenth rewatch of one of those films that works well as post-pub entertainment: Taken (2008), in which Liam Neeson uses a special set of skills to try to get a seat on the 17:58 Chiltern Railways service from Marylebone to Royal Leamington Spa, but is foiled when all the seats are… well, you get the idea. All good clean fun

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be :wave

Dry.

Sunny.

Frosty.

Cold. 16 deg in here this morning and that's warm compared with the lean-to.

Winter's on its way.

Bedding in WM2.

Should be cooked by 12:15ish.

Might put it on the line after that.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Good morning lovelies

Blue skies, fluffy clouds. 0 degrees

As expected, yesterday's entertainment was indeed the remainder of The Boys. Ended well, I hope there's a second series.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              As expected, yesterday's entertainment was indeed the remainder of The Boys. Ended well, I hope there's a second series.
              Second series is in production. Coming to our screens later this year. Woohoo!
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

To the extent thatI’m seriously thinking of wearing a scarf for the walk to the pub
                Make sure you wear the colours of whatever association football club Leicester are playing....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  went out for a meet with the chaps <and chapesses> in our occasional covers band.
                  I hope WTFH did not provide the entertainment....

Comment

Definitely a party in progress
                    How ghastly.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Morning all if all there be :wave

Dry.

Sunny.

Frosty.

Cold. 16 deg in here this morning and that's warm compared with the lean-to.

Winter's on its way.

Bedding in WM2.

Should be cooked by 12:15ish.

Might put it on the line after that.

I thought winter was already done?

Comment

Working...
                      X