• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COW PARTY! Icelandic Cows Escape for Night-Time Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That's fab. All nonchalantly behaving like nothing happened the night before

Comment

The afternoon's Freecell score was 88% with the running average firmly stuck at 82%.

Tea was more of yesterday's roast beef with orange segments and custard for sweet and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea to wash it all down.

Not to mention the Eccles Cake so I won't mention that, or the sultanas.

All part of the 5 a day.

The evening's entertainment is about to be "Back to the Future", being the tale of a lad who goes back to the 1950s.

It's a bit like Peggy Sue got Married in its way.

But with a Delorean instead of the Ford Edsel.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 January 2020, 19:29.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just watched a 2016 Horizon programme about Dark Matter.

Still none the wiser

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Just watched a 2016 Horizon programme about Dark Matter.

Still none the wiser
            Probably for the best as the current best theory is that it's a maths error and Dark Matter may not exist. There's a paper Dark Matter's Biggest Problem Might Simply Be A Numerical Error but I doubt it will help as I'm struggling to understand it.
            Last edited by eek; 20 January 2020, 19:42.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Feeling a bit out of sorts today. I’m wondering if I’ve picked up some damn lurgy from the hoi polloi when I was in the pub on Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The simple pleasure of throwing something into the new wastepaper basket from several feet away endures
                Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                How good is your aim?
                i like to stoat it aff at least three walls/bits of furniture, before it hits the bin.

i do a lot of clearing up, too, strangely enough

dinner was steak pie, chips and beans, for a change.
                still with lashings of HP sauce, of course.

and a chilean merlot.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea. Very nice, and it all helps stave off the lurgy a bit

Comment

More lurgy-prevention (or alleviation) now via coffee and walnut cake, well known for its restorative properties

Pretty chilly out already, but apparently it’ll cloud over tonight and the rest of the week will be slightly warmer. The only snow I’ve seen this winter remains the brief shower in the Hope Valley when the train was being held for a broken rail as I travelled back from the CUK Xmas do

Comment

I do like a bit of coffee and walnut cake. I may treat myself to making one once I've done my planned spring cleaning at the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X