• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Whatever that lurgy that was creeping up on me yesterday might be, it seems it’s quite mild at any rate. Having to blow my nose rather more than I do normally, but nothing worse so far. Fingers crossed…
    Ah.

The lurgy commonly known as itis.

Tea: M&S chunky breaded haddock, orange segments & custard, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Today's Freecell score was 89% with the running average remaining a solid 82%.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I wonder how many high scoring rounds you'll have to have before the average creeps up again

Comment

dinner has been black pudding, eggs and chips.
        very nice too.
        although i shouldn't eat foods high in iron.
        feck it.
        i don't have a lot of time left anyway, might as well enjoy it.

with a nice rioja.

Comment

I now have a little web app, written in Django, into which I can dump GeoJSON files exported from OpenStreetMap and specify which of the innumerable bits of data in there aren’t relevant to my purposes. It then goes through stripping all that cruft out and finally, as the export thing I’m using doesn’t seem to realise that it’s a bad idea to draw the land over the top of the things such as buildings that are on that land, or indeed put a river on top of its bridges, it rearranges the lot into a sensible drawing order

And all the individual classes that do the work are independent of the web app side, so I’ll wrap those up in their own package and I can then use to make command line tools as well, which will be handy for some purposes.

Quite pleased with that, and entitled to a nice dinner as a result I reckon

Comment

so get out in that kitchen, make a noise with your pots and pans!

or have an extra chinese, this week

Comment

Watching Panorama about Isabel dos Santos, who seems to have embezzled billions out of Angola.

Imagine my surprise when they show her London homes and they're literally around the corner from my gaff.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                so get out in that kitchen, make a noise with your pots and pans!

or have an extra chinese, this week

In the end I went for M&S chunky battered haddock, with M&S crinkle-cut chips, and beans. Lovely stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Watching Panorama about Isabel dos Santos, who seems to have embezzled billions out of Angola.

Imagine my surprise when they show her London homes and they're literally around the corner from my gaff.
                  Now you know why she paid you so much to sneak her bags from airside onto the Tube and bring them home for her

Comment

Now you know why she paid you so much to sneak her bags from airside onto the Tube and bring them home for her
                    Shhh....

Comment

In the end I went for M&S chunky battered haddock, with M&S crinkle-cut chips, and beans. Lovely stuff

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I wonder how many high scoring rounds you'll have to have before the average creeps up again
                      A lot.

I've won knocking on for 10,000 and lost about 1900.

Or something similar.

The evening's entertainment was a small & boring portion of the commentary on Appaloosa, followed by Back to the Future Part 2 plus its bonuses, followed in turn by about 15 minutes of Part 3 up to the point where he gets back to 1885 and meets his great grandmother.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2020, 23:35.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X