• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In with the hoi polloi

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Morning kiddies

WFH today.

It's going to be a good day because some charity is coming by this afternoon to take away a load of tat that someone else can make use of. Although it doesn't look like I'm gaining much space. Where does it all come from??
    Dunno, but if you find out can you please let us know?

I've been attempting without any success to dispose of acres of electronic crap and still haven't made a start.

Most of it can't go down the tip because it's not "household" waste and they're getting picky.

There's a Mullard High Speed Valve Tester in the porch for instance.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      In with the hoi polloi

Dunno, but if you find out can you please let us know?

I've been attempting without any success to dispose of acres of electronic crap and still haven't made a start.

Most of it can't go down the tip because it's not "household" waste and they're getting picky.

There's a Mullard High Speed Valve Tester in the porch for instance.
      Hire a skip and chuck it all in?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Hire a skip and chuck it all in?
        You can't do that with electrical waste*.

I'm tempted to put some of it for sale on the vintage radio site when I get a round tuit.

But I've been getting a round tuit for the last five years or more.

However things are reaching a critical point so I may get a round tuit shortly.

In about 3 or 4 years, say.

I can't pick some of it up any more coz I'm no longer strong enough.

*A lot of it is far too good for that approach.

Comment

Coopers treasure on dmax may give you some respite from the oak island nut jobs

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            You can't do that with electrical waste*.

I'm tempted to put some of it for sale on the vintage radio site when I get a round tuit.

But I've been getting a round tuit for the last five years or more.

However things are reaching a critical point so I may get a round tuit shortly.

In about 3 or 4 years, say.

I can't pick some of it up any more coz I'm no longer strong enough.

*A lot of it is far too good for that approach.
            Here you go

Comment

Brooding over what to have for lunch. It’s just one thing after another…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Brooding over what to have for lunch. It’s just one thing after another…

Thanks for reminding me.
                The Wife (tm) made ratatouille last night and the extra portion went into a tub in the fridge for my lunch today.

I shall reheat it and then have it with couscous (there's about 100g of it left in a box that expired before the referendum)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk walked.

In a fit of unusual enthusiasm I took a carrier bag with me on the trudge.

It came back down full to the brim with crushed drink cans.

I'm gonna need a bigger bag.

Lunch was a little tin of spag bol on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Off to see the doctor at 16:50 this afternoon.

I wonder what the result of that will transpire to be.

Comment

Current mood :

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Current mood :

You ok hun?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X