• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luncheon was a portion of turkey curry with rice. Just one portion left of that in the freezer. All the soup has gone. My remaining Christmas left overs now comprise a random assortment of gravy, bread sauce, egg whites and stuffing.

HWMBO is visiting again soon so no doubt I will get my fridge and freezer filled to bursting in no time.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 24 January 2020, 13:56. Reason: An Oxford comma! Whatever next!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Luncheon was a portion of turkey curry with rice. Just one portion left of that in the freezer. All the soup has gone. My remaining Christmas left overs now comprise a random assortment of gravy, bread sauce, egg whites and stuffing.

HWMBO is visiting again soon so no doubt I will get my fridge and freezer filled to bursting in no time.
      Should that be in the Innuendo thread?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Should that be in the Innuendo thread?

Comment

Shopping done!

Not that I needed very much - I used a basket to constrain myself somewhat, as I have all kinds of stuff that needs using up.

The car started just fine, not having been started and stopped repeatedly without going anywhere this week, giving me enough confidence in the battery that I didn’t bother taking it for a charging run down the M69 and back. Started fine at the other end too

Comment

Walk walked.

Very grey and misty, but no perceptible precipitation.

Another carrier bag full of tins and bottles collected.

It's strangely satisfying, though quite why I'm clearing up tulipe left by a bunch of scumbags is currently beyond me.

Sommat to do I suppose.

If I start on the coffee containers I could have a big ****off bonfire to get rid of them.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg (extra leathery) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crusty goodness), rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The cottons came out of the WM and went into the TD before the walk, the shirts sent into the WM in their place, the cottons came out of the TD and the shirts went into the TD after the walk.

The coloureds and jeans are in the WM currently and once they're done, that'll be it apart from a bit of ironing to make one or two shirts a bit more presentable and less like I'd slept in them.

<hiatus type hiatus>

There's noise coming from next door so I checked that it wasn't being burgled.

It wasn't.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2020, 14:35.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Light lunch of some cocktail sausages and a bag of cheese & onion crisps, which should help me reach my goal of None A Day

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

<hiatus type hiatus>

There's noise coming from next door so I checked that it wasn't being burgled.

It wasn't.
                You seem disappointed. Did you put your underpants on over the top of your trousers especially?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  You seem disappointed. Did you put your underpants on over the top of your trousers especially?
                  the classic red yfronts over blue jeans ploy??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    the classic red yfronts over blue jeans ploy??

Did I leave my webcam on again?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The road outside seems quite busy inbound for this time on a Friday night. Maybe there’s something exciting happening in town and nobody told me

Comment

Working...
                      X