• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I know things are dull in tpd so I thought I would regale you all with my exciting life! Today I put whites and coloured in the same wash cycle!

Its all just fun fun fun here.

On the bright side, now you never have to worry about washing whites again

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I know things are dull in tpd so I thought I would regale you all with my exciting life! Today I put whites and coloured in the same wash cycle!

Its all just fun fun fun here.
      It takes me so long to collate enough for a white load that I often take a risk and chuck them in with other stuff. Most of my clothes are black, grey or navy and have proven to be pretty colourfast, fortunately.

Comment

OK ladies and gents of the collective intelligence that is TPD...

I have been asked the dreaded question by The Wife (tm)...

No, not that one, Brillo!

It was “what do you want for your birthday?”

This year is a big birthday for me. I want something that I will treasure and use/enjoy/appreciate for years to come.

When I turned 30 I bought a Taylor guitar. When I turned 40 I bought an engagement ring.
        Now what?

I’d like a Rolex hulk, or Omega Dive 300, but since I’ve started wearing a Garmin Vivioactive 3, I can’t see me wearing a proper watch much.

Help! I need ideas!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I can't blame that on the majority of my drivel but I definitely typed Alan and not Allen.
          As in key?

Could have been worse, could have been Bristol as in Spline.

So that's I.J. and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull done and dusted.

I rather enjoyed it, it was fun.

:

I suppose being 3/4 pissed probably help it along a bit.

Just got the two bonus dvds to watch next.

Forgot all about that Calman woman and her trip around Skye.

Hopefully it was more inneresting than her trip around Glasgow was last week.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Help! I need ideas!
          .50 cal Barrett for the squirrels?
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Having rewatched Taken last week, I figured I might as well carry on down that road, so tonight I rewatched Taken 2 (2012) and Taken 3 (2014). The third one is better than the second one, IMHO. But they’re both OK

And after they were out of the way, I figured why not, let’s have another look at In Time (2011). A cracking film, and one of the best allegories of capitalism and the need for it to be overthrown there is, as I have no doubt said before

Goodnight all

Comment

Oh, and Taken 2 is proof that the daughter isn’t the problem - the whole family is really tulip at planning holidays. They should learn to enjoy staying at home

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Grey.

Dark.

White sky.

Warmer at 17.9 deg in here this morning.

No current precipitation though I noticed it was raining a bit last night.

Back now complaining about picking up cans and such like.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning Zeity Dr.

S’murky out. Need to walk the dog and avoid cyclists.

Hilariously, though there is a cycle race (sorry “sportif”) going round the lanes near me today. What they don’t know is that one of the main routes they are taking has been closed for the last 2 days due to a burst water main. The diversion for locals is along a couple of muddy, potholed tracks. Not the kind of thing you’d want to race along on your racing bike when the road is slippery and the tracks frequently have horse riders on them.

It’s not a race though, because that would be illegal on open roads in the UK. It’s a “sportif”, where you get prizes for going faster, so completely unlike a race.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning folks

Dry and reasonably warm out, 7 degrees. Overcast, cloud seems low. The forecast suggests the sun may make an appearance around 3pm.

Waiting for shopping to be delivered. Started my planned spring clean by moving some things about. I also need to do that pesky OU assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      OK ladies and gents of the collective intelligence that is TPD...

I have been asked the dreaded question by The Wife (tm)...

No, not that one, Brillo!

It was “what do you want for your birthday?”

This year is a big birthday for me. I want something that I will treasure and use/enjoy/appreciate for years to come.

When I turned 30 I bought a Taylor guitar. When I turned 40 I bought an engagement ring.
                      Now what?

I’d like a Rolex hulk, or Omega Dive 300, but since I’ve started wearing a Garmin Vivioactive 3, I can’t see me wearing a proper watch much.

Help! I need ideas!
                      A watch is a bit clichéd but you could always wear it for best if you don't think you'd wear it all the time. My Mum bought my Dad a lovely gold watch for his 50th that he treasures but doesn't wear much. His go-to is an excellent knock off Rolex my cousin's partner got him in Hong Kong.

How about art? Is there an artist you particularly like that you could have a print or painting from? Some limited edition prints are worth almost as much as the original artwork, especially if they've been hand finished.

The Moniker Art Fair or Affordable Art Fair are good places to have a look and can have some cracking pieces.
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 25 January 2020, 09:29.

Comment

Working...
                      X