• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I now have a little web app, written in Django, into which I can dump GeoJSON files exported from OpenStreetMap and specify which of the innumerable bits of data in there aren’t relevant to my purposes. It then goes through stripping all that cruft out and finally, as the export thing I’m using doesn’t seem to realise that it’s a bad idea to draw the land over the top of the things such as buildings that are on that land, or indeed put a river on top of its bridges, it rearranges the lot into a sensible drawing order

And all the individual classes that do the work are independent of the web app side, so I’ll wrap those up in their own package and I can then use to make command line tools as well, which will be handy for some purposes.

Quite pleased with that, and entitled to a nice dinner as a result I reckon
    Does anyone understand a word of that?

Comment

Morning Scourer

Hope the various breakages are healing nicely <- manly
      6 weeks 2.5 days since the crash. Still only at about 80% mobility. But that will do.

So frustrating as the direct damage was fixed in 2 weeks. Its all the muscles that are still sufgfering. I can't believe it....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Does anyone understand a word of that?
        no, it's devspeak. don't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          2.5 hours between posts.

How is the mighty TPD fallen.

It used to be green fields around here & at this rate that's the way it'll stay.

Sorry about that. Last week was a bad week....

Comment

Just remembered it’s Chinese New Year today. Wonder if they’ll all be celebrating at the Chinese?
            We had Chinese tonight. It was very quiet in there. I was amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              she's been admitted <again>
              oh, well.

dinner has been fish pie <sainsbury's TTD>

and a bergerac grande reserve

very pleasant.

tv's sh1te again.

best look at netflix.
              mind you, that's just more sh1te in the way of anything you like, and some fecking algorythm Telling you what to watch!
              FFS!

cnuts.

bugrit bugrit bugrit, etc
              Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                6 weeks 2.5 days since the crash. Still only at about 80% mobility. But that will do.

So frustrating as the direct damage was fixed in 2 weeks. Its all the muscles that are still sufgfering. I can't believe it....
                so, given a choice between a tree<the leafy part> and the road , i think i'll take tree, then.
                ta.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

In the Chinese
                    any dragons?

Comment

In the Chinese
                      Very nice, as usual

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      any dragons?
                      No more than usual

She informed me that they were very busy, further conjecturing that it was because of the Chinese New Year. This (well, the busyness at least) was confirmed when a harassed-looking delivery driver turned up, bringing in five empty delivery bags from his car, grabbing three freshly-filled ones off the counter, and zooming off again. Good job he didn’t drive into a flood tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X