• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    dull
    dreary
    no current precipitation, but it's in the post.
    Pissing down here.

Just had an Xmas present: "The British Car Industry: Our Part in its Downfall" by James Ruppert.

I've been reading that instead of making lunch.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

had a kipper for breakfast, for a change <Sainsburys TTD>
      very tasty indeed.
      been ages since i had a kipper.
      <burp>
      oh, and 800ml of earl grey tea.

Comment

Morning all.

Down at the parentals. Mum is making bacon sandwiches. I'm having tomato ketchup with mine this morning.

Was woken up by the Sunday Worship thingummy on Radio 4. Is it me, or did the organist playing at the end of the service used to do the music for creepy fairground rides?

Comment

Dunno, I never listen to the god bothering stuff on R4.

Lunch was roast beef (overcooked again), with a rice pud (slightly less overcooked than last week), and a mince tart (mincemeat BBE May 2016: an attempt to reduce the remarkable quantity of such that I've inherited), rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Off to do the Sunday shop shortly.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Indeed.

Trespass on the railway was subject to a fine of 40/- on conviction according to the signs back in the day.
            Was it doubled if the trepasser was killed by a train?

Comment

Had to spend 2 hours at flip out Chester. Trampoline bounce centre with baby bp. I just sat there.

I should never have had children.

Edwards of Conwy burgers for lunch.....

Comment

lunch was two slices of buttered wholemeal toast, with ginger marmalade.
                and another 80cl of earl grey tea.

a brimfull* recycling bin has been duly trundled forth, in a fit of social responsibility.

*i don't get people who put bins out every week 1/4 full. it's so inefficient.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Currently watching Horizon featuring Chris Packham getting all het up over the size of the population.

Must admit, he did put me off visiting Sao Paulo with its 22+ million inhabitants and terrible traffic.
                  If only there was a deadly virus to kill people? Perhaps we could name it after a beer?

Stronger the better. Hopefully we will get the Snake Venom beer. And not something wimpy like the corona virus....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    lunch was two slices of buttered wholemeal toast, with ginger marmalade.
                    and another 80cl of earl grey tea.

a brimfull* recycling bin has been duly trundled forth, in a fit of social responsibility.

*i don't get people who put bins out every week 1/4 full. it's so inefficient.
                    Try living in Conwy. collections every 4 weeks. With a family of 5.

Luckily neighbour is single so we help him fill his.....

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day again, but this time it’s raining; currently 8°C though I suspect there’s a slight breeze to ensure it feels colder

Comment

Working...
                      X