• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I made it to the smoke.
    The smoke? Where you at?

Comment

Van driver just stopped in the middle of the road outside (bonus points for also blocking the side road), got out, and walked back to harangue the driver of the car behind who I think had had the temerity to beep his horn, possibly because the van driver was tardy in pulling away at the pedestrian crossing. Much waving of arms and bellowing, but no fisticuffs

Comment

I appear to have knocked a cup of tea into the cutlery drawer.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The smoke? Where you at?
          Sorry. I was back in the 1970s then.

London.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Van driver just stopped in the middle of the road outside (bonus points for also blocking the side road), got out, and walked back to harangue the driver of the car behind who I think had had the temerity to beep his horn, possibly because the van driver was tardy in pulling away at the pedestrian crossing. Much waving of arms and bellowing, but no fisticuffs
            That reminds me! Walking into work from Old Street station. Whitecross street. Van driver had driven into a plant outside a cafe. He stopped and went to speak to the staff to sort it out. Cafe owner went bolistic and kept trying to punch the van driver. Someone was filming it. So I left them to it. So I could go to Waitrose.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              I appear to have knocked a cup of tea into the cutlery drawer.
              So a good excuse to give it a thorough clean then!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Sorry. I was back in the 1970s then.

London.
                To the contrary, it is I who should apologise. I failed to put The in italics as a means of implying you were in London, with the whereabouts aimed at which part of that London.

All far too complicated [emoji23]

Comment

Just got off a video conference call with Canada; Edmonton to be precise. At the end she said “Have a wonderful evening” and I replied “Thanks, you too!” It’s half ten in the morning there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just got off a video conference call with Canada; Edmonton to be precise. At the end she said “Have a wonderful evening” and I replied “Thanks, you too!” It’s half ten in the morning there
                    Still valid. Just because her evening is a few hours away there's nothing wrong with wishing her a pleasant one when it does arrive.

Comment

Evening all. Just wrapping up for the day on first day back at work after a lovely week away.

Can thoroughly recommend the place, Piran Meadows, partly because it's a Darwin Escapes site.

Nicely out of the centre, about a mile and a half from the A30 so handy for trips out.

Falmouth - Maritime Museum worth a visit, so too is Swanpool Beach and nature reserve out of season. The crazy golf looked like it needed sprucing up though.
                      Perranporth - don't bother out of season, twas shut! Lovely in the summer, though.
                      Newquay itself - lovely, no hussle and bussle like in peak season, lovely watching the waves crash in second half of the week after clear blue skies first half, but no rain until the Friday

Foodwise was a bit limited, with some of the smaller boutique places we like shut for January/early February. Still some lovely places to eat, with Healy's cyder farm getting a thumbs up for its Cornish Cream Tea - wasn't tempted by their award-winning whiskey though but the Rattler is a lovely drink.

A pint of Korev overlooking National Trust's Crantock Beach at the Bowgie was a nice hour spent too.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X