• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just divvied up the steak & ale casserole I cooked yesterday and left to fester/develop its flavour overnight in the fridge. Five good-sized portions, so one for tonight’s tea and four in the freezer

I must remember to take some chicken thighs out of the freezer tomorrow to defrost in the fridge overnight so I can casserole them on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      That reminds me! Walking into work from Old Street station. Whitecross street. Van driver had driven into a plant outside a cafe. He stopped and went to speak to the staff to sort it out. Cafe owner went bolistic and kept trying to punch the van driver. Someone was filming it. So I left them to it. So I could go to Waitrose.
      bolistic? WTF?

Comment

Tea was more of yesterday's roast beef, followed by orange segments & custard, & 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Mostly ok.

Freecell: was 100% at one time, finished up at 86% with the running average stuck firmly at 82%.

Now watching "Once upon a time in America" where all the "Jewish" gangsters are played by Italians. .

WTF?
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          bolistic? WTF?
          Like a bolus

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Like a bolus
            so the cafe owner became a bagel?
            or did he just start chucking bagels?

nah, that's a torus.

so he rolled up then?

Comment

dinner has been chicken jalfrezi.
              with the rest of the rioja.

very tasty, as usual.

TV's sh1te again.
              so is netflix

i despair

Comment

1 metric tonne of 10mm pea shingle is 12 wheelbarrow loads, each load being about 11 shovels full, thus each shovel was about 7.5kg.
                The distance from where the bag was left to where I’ve now piled the stones is 25 metres.
                The mud track I’ve left on the back lawn is quite bad, and the rain that fell during the operation didn’t help.

and finally, my back is now billy buggered.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  1 metric tonne of 10mm pea shingle is 12 wheelbarrow loads, each load being about 11 shovels full, thus each shovel was about 7.5kg.
                  The distance from where the bag was left to where I’ve now piled the stones is 25 metres.
                  The mud track I’ve left on the back lawn is quite bad, and the rain that fell during the operation didn’t help.

and? your point is?
                  what do you want?
                  a blue peter badge?

feckin southern softy.

pfffft.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

This feels like a GCSE maths exam question

Comment

I have written up my answer to the multipart question about chromatin and written out the pointless "essay plan" we have to do or lose 5 marks.

Now to figure out 1800 words about protein structures and the types of chemical bonds therein.

Yes, I know the essay plan is supposed to help but it's not the way I work. I get very vexed that I have to waste time creating something that I won't use as a writing aid.

Comment

Working...
                      X