• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have written up my answer to the multipart question about chromatin and written out the pointless "essay plan" we have to do or lose 5 marks.

Now to figure out 1800 words about protein structures and the types of chemical bonds therein.

Yes, I know the essay plan is supposed to help but it's not the way I work. I get very vexed that I have to waste time creating something that I won't use as a writing aid.
    aye, - write!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just divvied up the steak & ale casserole I cooked yesterday and left to fester/develop its flavour overnight in the fridge. Five good-sized portions, so one for tonight’s tea and four in the freezer
      Well, that turned out really nice, accompanied by the last of the homemade potato wedges and some token petits pois

Comment

I have written up my answer to the multipart question about chromatin and written out the pointless "essay plan" we have to do or lose 5 marks.

Now to figure out 1800 words about protein structures and the types of chemical bonds therein.

Yes, I know the essay plan is supposed to help but it's not the way I work. I get very vexed that I have to waste time creating something that I won't use as a writing aid.
        Oops it's 1200 words. I would have lost 10% of the marks if I hadn't spotted that...

Comment

Feck me, "Once upon a time in America" is looooooong, man, with a burned in "Intermission" around about the time you'd be busting for a piss.

Only another 50 minutes to go.

And, oy vey, all these "Jews" look remarkably Italian.

We've just got to the repeal of the Volstead Act in 1933.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            A pint of Korev overlooking National Trust's Crantock Beach at the Bowgie was a nice hour spent too.
            One pint? In an hour? Your Northern badge will be revoked if i hear of any more of this nonsense. Unless it was more than £4, in which case you're more than entitled to settle in for the afternoon on the grounds you were clearly paying rent.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              One pint? In an hour? Your Northern badge will be revoked if i hear of any more of this nonsense. Unless it was more than £4, in which case you're more than entitled to settle in for the afternoon on the grounds you were clearly paying rent.
              It's 4.8% and I was driving (plus it was £4.80ish). I go for quality over quantity these days on my beers. Only wanted one or I'd have had to listen to the wife drone on and I wasn't anywhere near inebriated enough for that!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This feels like a GCSE maths exam question
                Showing your age there!

It was one of those things where I gave my brain something to do while carrying out a physical, repetitive task.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And that's "Once upon a time in America" done.

It must be 30 years since I saw that last.

It's certainly an epic.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    This feels like a GCSE maths exam question
                    Showing your age there!
                    As in, younger than those of us who did GCEs? Yes, good point

Comment

Oops it's 1200 words. I would have lost 10% of the marks if I hadn't spotted that...
                      For our History O Level, we had to do a project - like an extended essay sort of thing - writing 7,000 words on a topic of our choice (though it had to be approved by our history teacher). In the year before, we had to do the same thing as a kind of mock version, though it only had to be half that length, 3,500 words, because it was only for practice. But it was dinned into us that if we were under the limit by more than 100 words, or over by more than 200, we would be heavily marked down unless, in the case of being over, every single word was justifiable; our teacher spoke of losing an entire grade (it was ABCDEF in those days) for every 200 words over.

In my mock year, I chose the topic of “The Norfolk Wherry” and submitted 7,100 words rather than 3,500, and received an A for that alone. In the real O Level, I chose the topic of “The Mersey Tunnel” and submitted 13,800 words rather than 7,000. Got an A for that alone too

In both years I only got a B for the sum total of the exams, so I must be better at writing about random tulip that interests me than about the unification of Italy in the 19th century and suchlike crap that was actually part of the syllabus

Comment

Working...
                      X