• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long lie in today. I do love blackout curtains.

Seems like a nice day out there. I have no intention of experiencing it for myself. However, when I see that DrS does his daily walk almost without fail, I am a little ashamed at my laziness. Not enough to change yet!

I have decided to bake something today. It may be my Nan's pink iced cake, as we all call it. Coconut sponge with simple water icing top (coloured pink, hence the name) and sprinkled with more coconut. I've never made it despite having had the recipe for years.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all

Is it too early for...? Yes it is. No bloody fizz in the BA T5 lounges today!
      Strong wind warnings today. Could be a bit bumpy

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Strong wind warnings today. Could be a bit bumpy
        You’re always full of positive comments. A 787 is a bit bigger than the 320s I’ve been taking recently, so provided it doesn’t catch fire, we should be OK.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          However, when I see that DrS does his daily walk almost without fail, I am a little ashamed at my laziness.
          Walk Walked.

It must be said that I no longer walk the walk when it's raining, having finally "wised up" after 40 years.

Thusly Wednesday and Thursday of last week were walkless.

The shoulder of lamb is aroasting in the oven, the rice pud was experimentally started off in the poppety ping today, before being finished in the oven.

I've managed to overcook it even faster.

The shoulder is rather large so lunch will be later today.

The house has been roughly vacced, or as vacced as it's likely to get this week.

During the walk I noted that fresh supplies of cans are appearing on the road up to the res.

Once the back has recovered, I'll start picking 'em up again.

Very tempted to collect all the McDonalds crap that's evenly distributed up said road and gifting it back to them in a bin bag.

The mince pie is on hold today since the pastry is still in the freezer.

There's two chunks of pastry in there now.

Must use it up.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

The intentions of an early start and getting out on the bike were scuppered by the blind in the bedroom window crashing to the floor when I went to open it this morning, triggering some vaguely irritated DIY to refit it.

Having missed the club ride I consoled myself with a bacon, egg, mushroom and tomato cob. No too inconsolable as it was grey and drizzly and damp out.

Then decided to take the plunge and finally upgrade the iMac to Catalina, having heard no further reports of wailing or gnashing of teeth from the early adopters.

All done by the time to cob was eaten and coffee was drunk.

Brightening up now so may get out a bit later for a ride after all.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

The overnight rain having moved on, it’s reverted to a sort of light overcast out there, and a balmy 10°C

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Whats the difference between a penis and a bonus? I am sure the answer involves wives....

You don't get applause when you whip your penis out?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  What happened to the 2 day ban?
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    It was one day

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      what ban?

Comment

Working...
                      X