• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Sun's out.
      That didn't last long.

Pissed down on my trudge down town.

In with the hoi polloi.

Sun's out again now, but who knows for how long?
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 February 2020, 10:32.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
        Can’t believe I’m up at 6am at the weekend.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk walked

Today's observations: discarded litter included one of those things that go on top of a frying pan to stop spatter, which, I must admit, is a first.

Followed by an ex ferret, a very flat toad, a red kite, and two or possibly three buzzards.

The detritus along the road is continuing to build up and once my back & knees stop complaining I'll collect some more crap for the mighty bonfire.

Lunch: a tin of Fray Bentos chicken balls in chili sauce rounded off with a cheese topped baton and a round of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread.

Now getting outside 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I forgot to mention the bunch of MAMILs spotted on the way down town.

The things one sees when out without an Uzi.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 February 2020, 13:20.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Since “Hey Nick” isn’t working this morning, I’ve opened the curtains and can confirm clear blue skies, sun shining in, and a hard frost on the roof of The Brick.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Early night now, as I ought to be getting on with assorted stuff tomorrow
              Well, that didn’t work, as I didn’t set any alarms and slept right through till lunchtime

Feeling much better for it though; maybe I needed to make up some sleep after the weird dreams the night before

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Since “Hey Nick” isn’t working this morning, I’ve opened the curtains and can confirm clear blue skies, sun shining in, and a hard frost on the roof of The Brick.
              Sorry - see above

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                This morning I was at coffee machine. We have white sugar in white packet, brown sugar in brown packet and saccarine in yellow packet.

She was tipping brown packet into her coffee and asked me if there was any brown sugar. I thought it was a trick question, but pointed to brown packet stash.

She said "Oh. The packet is not brown enough!". Then started muttering about not being brown enough.

When I looked, her skin colour was brown.

Anyway it was nice talking to her. She was really pretty. But I managed to keep my tongue off the floor.

we know a song about that

we look forward to meeting the future ex Mrs BP!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Followed by an ex ferret, a very flat toad, a red kite, and two or possibly three buzzards.

all dead?? wtf kills kites and buzzards?

Lunch: a tin of Fray Bentos chicken balls in chili sauce
                  The things one sees when out without an Uzi.
                  how many chicken balls in a tin? 500 or so?
                  they can't be very big.

Comment

One of the morning tasks was to start making chicken and barley soup with the remains of the Big Chicken. It’s on now, but I’ve put the slow cooker on its High setting to make up some time. However, as this initial stage is the one that extracts the goodness from the bones and such, I’m now thinking maybe it’s better on Low… might give it an hour or two on High then turn it down. Or maybe turn it down now and turn it up later. Or maybe just turn it down and do it on Low like I normally do

Comment

decisions, decisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X