• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious: is it necessarily "a bad thing" to be crashing into one's 50s and be walking into rooms tummy first like a pregnant ladyee?
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Just curious: is it necessarily "a bad thing" to be crashing into one's 50s and be walking into rooms tummy first like a pregnant ladyee?
      do you usually walk backwards?

Comment

Just had a narrow escape. I was thinking of walking into town to get some stuff from the market. Turns out Charles and Camilla are visiting it this afternoon!

Good excuse to leave it for another day

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Sun just about shining on the top of the mountain across the valley, there's tidy then, boyo.
          On the walk I noticed that the mountains further up the valley, boyo, were all white.

No good shall come of this.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just had a narrow escape. I was thinking of walking into town to get some stuff from the market. Turns out Charles and Camilla are visiting it this afternoon!

Good excuse to leave it for another day
          Apparently some of the descendants* were in Swansea the other week.

*Heir Presumptive & Mrs Heir Presumptive.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

First proper interrupted night’s sleep since I got here. I didn’t wake up at 2,3 and 5, but slept through to 6.30. Two more night’s sleep until I head home.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: quite a lot of vine ripened cherry tomatoes (Morrisons, reduced a lot), baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Thankfully there was no more Cornish Brie (Morrisons, reduced too much to ignore) having consumed far too much yesterday and on Sunday.

Them next door are both off sick, the brave little soldier has "a cold" and she has just had a blood test for rheumatoid arthritis () and underactive thyroid and is off sick for a fortnight.

I'm not sure I ever took time off work for "a cold" though one year I had flu* 3 times in two months.

*That's proper flu not man flu.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2020, 13:18.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Nazaré Big Wave Challenge is on today. Pity I couldn't be there...

https://nazarewaves.com/en/Home/InfoSurfReport
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Cold, windy and intermittently has white stuff falling out of the sky.,

Lunch is a crusty cob with some of the leftover beef from the weekend with left over veggies and horse radish miseducating up and added to the meat.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You know it's windy outside when snow is vertical outside you window, in the wrong direction!
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      I'm not sure I ever took time off work for "a cold" though one year I had flu* 3 times in two months.

*That's proper flu not man flu.
                      Back in the 1950s my mother worked as a lab assistant at Liverpool University in the department where they were developing the technique of growing the flu virus in eggs to make a vaccine. Her job involved being given a strain of live flu virus and injecting it into eggs. The virus hopefully grew in there over the next week or two, allowing the boffins to do whatever they did next, and she started again with another strain.

But in those days safety gear and lab procedures weren't as well developed as they are now. The result was that she got a different strain of flu every couple of weeks for the entire year or so she was working on that project

Comment

Working...
                      X