• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eeh, boiled in beer.
    narsty that, i should think.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Picked a lady friend up at Gatwick North and took wrong turn, heading up M23 and back, added an extra 15m to a 12m Journey. Bah! It's the continual works going on with confusing temporary signs.

PS At least it might make her get a bleeding taxi next time!
      I've gone one better than that.

When Strangelove Pater had his funny turn & ended up in Morriston hospital in 2013, after hed'd been admitted and I'd managed to prise Strangelove Mater away so we could go home & have sommat to eat, I managed to take the wrong turn on the Llangyfelach roundabout

Google Maps

and ended up heading towards Llanelli on the M4, so I took the next exist then did exactly the same thing on the Penllegaer roundabout.

Google Maps

Finally managed to collect myself sufficiently to turn around at the Llanelli east exist, which isn't a roundabout so I couldn't feck it up. .

Google Maps

I blame the lack of glasses since I'd forgotten to put them on in my haste to get to the hospital.

The evening's entertainment turned out to be "ST: The Motion Picture (Director's Cut)" wherein the director thinks that a long fairly tedious experience is enhanced by making it even fecking longer & more tedious* by adding back in stuff that was originally cut.

The use of FF in quite a lot of places reduced the tedium to manageable proportions & let what there was of the story emerge rather better.

*In fact at 2hrs 10mins it's shorter than another version which is 2hrs 23mins. It just seems to last forever.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2020, 23:27.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Evening all

Have I missed much?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Evening all

Have I missed much?
          Mainly encroaching darkness and people getting lost

Tonight, I decided that I’d been spending far too much time watching things in languages I understand, so after a long hiatus I returned to Wallander; specifically, Den svaga punkten (TV Episode 2006). Quite a good one. A bit slow at the start, then got a lot more complicated near the end, as these things will.

However, I now know several words of Swedish, and can even pick some of them out from the dialogue if I spot them in the subtitles before they’re spoken, so I moved on to a more arcane tongue and watched the first two episodes of S2 of Ófærð: no episode titles for these, so they’re just Episode #2.1 (TV Episode 2018) and Episode #2.2 (TV Episode 2018). Good so far, assuming one likes Bleakness By The Fjord (or whatever fjords are called in Icelandic, which is probably something more complicated with lots of letters that disappeared from the English alphabet around the time of William Caxton)

Goodnight all

Comment

One of the IT directors has cancelled all meetings on Thursday. I’m flying home Thursday night from Nashville (with them agreeing to pay for Friday even though I won’t be working)
            They have now suggested I submit 40 hours for this week and drive to Nashville tomorrow evening, then spend Thursday having a look around there since it’s my first trip to the area.
            If they offer to pay you while insisting you do no work, does that fall under SDC?

...do I care?

Comment

Oh look.

...Ommmmm

Soon be TFBSZ.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I may have to sack HWMBO.

He put 10 socks in the WM. Only 8 of which can be paired up. The rest are still in the basket.

Who the hell does that??
                Mrs B bought me socks for Xmas. She didn't realise that they were a 6 pack of deliberately mismatched pairs.

Odd Socks 6 Individual Socks Sizes 6-11 (496834) | Ideal World

It made her twitch when she realised on Xmas morning.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all from the repository of mismatched socks

I discovered only yesterday that one of the pair I was wearing had an enormous hole at the heel, so that's another one for the bin.

Dry.

Grey.

Sky white in parts.

Sunless, mostly because its not risen yet.

Off to that Swansea in a while for Yet Another Meetup of the s.

I've dug a different jumper out so it looks like I've got more than one.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

CBS and KB here again.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with scattered fluffiness and prominent but short-lived vapour trails up around the 25,000 foot mark

Chilly though; it just made it to 4°C

Comment

Working...
                      X