• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good day all!

It has been umpteen days since my last confession.

The situation in "Bolton Sur Les Collines" is Cold, Cloudy-ish, with sunny-ish interludes. Early doors was snowy/sleety/windy and cold.

Oh well, mustn't grumble.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all

Not even 5am and I’m awake.

Looking on various booking sites for where to stay tonight, while wondering if Hey Nick is working today.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all

Not even 5am and I’m awake.

Looking on various booking sites for where to stay tonight, while wondering if Hey Nick is working today.
        Rain, rain, and more rain for you; getting up to about 10°C, though being in the USA, that will feel more like 50°F

Comment

Towel (light-coloured) wash on

Comment

Fried Spam, Sunny Egg, Chips and Beans for lunch
            Married

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

Towels are nearly done

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                Fried Spam, Sunny Egg, Chips and Beans for lunch
                That sounds excellent!

Comment

Lunch was red pepper and tomato soup, I can't confirm of the status of the laundry as the washing machine isn't answering her phone
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Lunch was nasi goreng that had been maturing nicely in the fridge since Friday. Topped with an egg, as it should be.

Very yummy.

The boiler man and his young apprentice came round to do the annual gas safety check. As usual, they noticed the pressure wasn't as high as it should be as the pipe coming in isn't big enough. As usual, the landlady will ignore that as it doesn't have a material impact on the boiler's performance and to change that pipe will be a bit of a big job.

Now just waiting on the electrician to tell me when he's coming to fix some lights.

Washing done and the errant sock will soon be reunited with its partner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Towel (light-coloured) wash on
                      You segregate the towels?

I bung all the cottons in together, it doesn't seem to make much difference since everything is so old anyway.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Bacon butty for lunch

Towels are nearly done
                      What temperature do they get done at?

I do mine at 75 deg to ensure they're properly dead. and un malodourous.

Haven't had lunch yet since I've been to that Swansea for the morning.

Now in with the hoi polloi and a ponger has just sat down next to me.

Off home now since my stomach thinks my throat's been cut. .

In other news my right big toe is complaining.

I wonder if it's gout from all the port and spirits I drink.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 February 2020, 14:47.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X