• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce out of the freezer, with potato wedges and petits pois, also out of the freezer. Very tasty

Comment

Went out for dinner with a friend, leaving HWMBO home alone.

I had a very nice supper at Flat Iron in Covent Garden.

Came back home to HWMBO yelling his way through a programme about caste issues amongst British Hindus. He kept pausing it to explain to me some of the finer points of ancient racism inherent in the religion.

We then watched the first episode of Frankie Boyle pottering about Scotland making quips about people, drugs, the weather, the Glencoe massacre etc.

Comment

new toy night - Middle of Lidl no less

I now have a plasma cutter and drill press for 150 quid... I da geek..
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          new toy night - Middle of Lidl no less

I now have a plasma cutter and drill press for 150 quid... I da geek..
          You've got an air compressor too?
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            now watching more of 'hill st blues'
            i'd forgotten how good it is.

As I hardly ever saw it back in the Eighties, my life not involving much TV watching in those days, I figured I’d have a look at the first episode, Hill Street Station (TV Episode 1981). It does seem to be very good

And in addition, a bit of reading: The Midwich Cuckoos, which I haven’t read in a fair few years. Just a few chapters in now, but I’d better stop because John Wyndham has the knack of keeping you reading, and I have stuff to do in the morning

Raining out, and will apparently continue to do so for ages

Goodnight all

Comment

The difference between a Hilton Garden Inn and a Hilton Doubletree: the GI charges $1 for bottles of water to non-diamond card holders. The Doubletree is $4 for the same water.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But on the bright side, I’m not paying to stay, but get the points. And the hotel, which is in the centre of Nashville, has live music in the bar. They play both kinds. (For everyone’s benefit, I’ve not volunteered to do a set)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Torrential rain overnight.

Currently dry.

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

Thursday.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  As I hardly ever saw it back in the Eighties, my life not involving much TV watching in those days, I figured I’d have a look at the first episode, Hill Street Station (TV Episode 1981). It does seem to be very good

And in addition, a bit of reading: The Midwich Cuckoos, which I haven’t read in a fair few years. Just a few chapters in now, but I’d better stop because John Wyndham has the knack of keeping you reading, and I have stuff to do in the morning

Raining out, and will apparently continue to do so for ages

Goodnight all
                  Originally posted by Sgt Esterhaus
                  Let's be careful out there,people
                  His replacement turned up in a film with Arnie* that I watched the other day.

I've never been a fan of John Wyndham, dunno why, probly because I prefer space opera.

*"Last Action Hero": projectionist.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 February 2020, 08:42.

Comment

morning

been a bit damp overnight.
                    CBS now

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Currently dry.
                      That was then, this is now.

Wet wet wet wet wet.

Comment