• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    That was then, this is now.

Wet wet wet wet wet.
    I read that book in about 1976...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning denizens

After much rain through the night, it’s now getting sunny out

The forecast said the rain would linger through the morning, but the forecast turns out to have been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        That was then, this is now.

Wet wet wet wet wet.
        Rain stopped about halfway down here.

Now in with the hoi polloi.

Patches of blue sky were observed.

Unfortunately they were nowhere near me.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Apparently it should be fine for the rest of the day but might rain tomorrow, so I may venture forth to do the shopping this afternoon. More on this story as we get it.

Comment

Having looked out of the window, I see that wet stuff has fallen (presumably) from the sky at some point. It no longer appears to be doing that.

Work is being tedious and I don't want to do any. So I probably shan't as I don't really have anything that needs doing urgently. I might go back to bed for an hour, having read that people who nap are happier and more productive...

Comment

light drizzle on way to Aldi

bright sunshine on way back
              Married

Comment

Working in a scrum delivery when the business analyst is a control freak. The bellend wants access to my offshore dev team. He can have that if I can pin him to the floor via my boot on his throat for five minutes.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Early lunch of pâté on (wholemeal) toast

Seems quite changeable out there, but it’s definitely inclining back to “cloudy”

Comment

Bunch of daffs put on Strangelove Parents' grave, mostly for Strangelove Mater, whose favourite flowers they were.

Instead of Ye British Standard Jam Pot receptacle I used the bottom half of a plastic drinks bottle (Vimto apparently) which is rather safer when the strimming lunatic is around.

I note that more bulbs appear to be springing into life on said grave, no idea what, but crocus or snowdrop are possibilities.

Very tempted to put a cutting of that very vigorous rose on there but it would take over the cemetery, the one in my front garden got to 8 feet tall before I "pruned" it.

Naturally enough, since I thought of continuing up the hill on my daily constitutional, it immediately started pissing down, so I came back home, collecting a couple of extraneous cans on the way, as you do.

Plainly there'd been rivers of water coming down the hill overnight.

Lunch: beans on Morrisons' sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea, and a beetroot sarnie plus a bramble jelly sarnie for good measure.

Freecell score: 93%. Running average: 82%.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch being prepared

Chicken Kiev and Spaghetti
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X