• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    In other news the twins are 18 today - @BP, can I start charging them rent?
    i would.
    you'll get 'em out faster that way!

Comment

I had to pay rent as soon as I got a job. So that was about 19 after I finished college.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Shopping done!

I had to go in the end as I couldn’t get anything else done for alternately thinking “Should I go today or leave it to tomorrow?” and “I mustn’t forget {thing} like I did the last three times I went”
        mine too.
        it arrives tomorrow 11-12 am

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Freecell score: 93%. Running average: 82%.
          This afternoon: 81%. Running average 82%

Tea: chili con carne with rice. Didn't seem as fiery as last time.

Maybe it really is me.

1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I suspect that the evening's entertainment is likely to be "The Wrath of Khan", a chap who seems to be easy to irritate.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 February 2020, 22:28.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

HWMBO has been soaking beans and stewing them with a variety of pork based products for most of the day. The result is a very delicious concoction that will keep us trumping nicely.

He made enough to feed a small army for a goodly while. I did wonder if a kilo of cannelinni beans was a bit much for two of us.

Yesterday he did the prep by butchering a duck, confit the legs, roasted off the crown, made stock, made a sauce, and other stuff.

Having very much enjoyed Parasite on Sunday, we are now watching Snowpiercer (2013) - IMDb.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              HWMBO has been soaking beans and stewing them with a variety of pork based products for most of the day. The result is a very delicious concoction that will keep us trumping nicely.

He made enough to feed a small army for a goodly while. I did wonder if a kilo of cannelinni beans was a bit much for two of us.

Yesterday he did the prep by butchering a duck, confit the legs, roasted off the crown, made stock, made a sauce, and other stuff.

Having very much enjoyed Parasite on Sunday, we are now watching Snowpiercer (2013) - IMDb.
              cassoulet, - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              yum yum.

Comment

dinner, as the perfect foil to LM's haute cuisine, has been a gammon steak, fried egg, chips and peas.
                very nice.
                and even more rioja.
                watching lewis.
                overlaps with death in paradise though, bugger.

i've accepted the permie consultancy gig too.
                i find retirement bores me witless.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  You've got an air compressor too?

What do you think? One wolf and one Lidl!

tools are us!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

go for it.

charge them rent and pop it in a high interest account so you can give it back when they get married etc..

Comment

tonight beef stew + a nice cabernet.

Finished watching the boy in striped pyjamas which is rather good.

and now between qa-ing some extracts am enjoying some Whyte & McKay.

Comment

Working...
                      X